Some Helpful Suggestions

Re: Some Helpful Suggestions
Post by: Livetabon - April 11th, 2015, 7:38:29 pm

No players will be teleported either to spawn or to their own /is

think of it like creative, where you can be added to islands, but still have your own.

Post by: ImJJ_ - April 11th, 2015, 8:09:09 pm

[quote author=Livetabon link=topic=2645.msg12055#msg12055 date=1428795179]
1.) Whats the point in achievements if other players dont know about it? Its about getting the community to congratulate you, not to hide it for yourself cause woop de doo you opened your inventory for the first time. New players like to feel a part of a community so they feel happy when other people talk to them and congratulate them. It doesnt at all in anyway spam chat, in fact I barely notice it.

2.) you will never die of hunger in color shuffle, in fact if you survive that long Id be impressed.

3.) The kit is universal, and those items are crucial in factions. Besides I love hitting people with shovels lel. Also the void is fine for the network? Are you into programming? The void doesnt do any damage to the network at all?

4.) This is a different argument completely, food is easy to obtain it just takes long, cube tokens are easily given out to players if they do minigames mazes are the easiest to farm cube tokens with. So I dont see the issue? If your patient go kill cows if not buy them? It gives players something we like to call: variety.

5.) The main age group of cube builders are 9-15 years old. They arent going to be the next van gough in terms of style or art. All of our warps are beautiful, and having a variety of them is special I believe 13 or so is great compared to the 500+ other plots we have. That are filled.

6.) Players and staff can build great things, there are no issues with our spawns and they are all unique and hand picked. If you want world edit give the server ten dollars.

7.) Players that fall are normally pking or parkouring, the death makes them start again, if they cant get to the portals for some reason (although its basically impossible to miss them) they can use /server to join whatever they wish. Heads are also nice because players like collecting the heads of their enemies. Which is why we have a hidden enderchest in spawn that players need to PARKOUR to get to.

8.) If players had fly whats to stop people from just flying in one direction forever? Who is to stop players from using fly to cheat in the pvp area? Fly is not needed, the spawn is perfectly accessible to all players they can PARKOUR everywhere. If you want to fly go to creative. We have an exact replica of the /hub in there.

9.) again with the new plugin its worthless to add this, for your island will despawn as stated above.

10.) We are actually implementing an AFK kicker (30mins) so this argument is null.

~Liv
[/quote]

1) Achievements do not spam the chat, yet. When more players start joining you will see the real spam, I dont understand the reason why to keep them, sorry. When I first joined no one ever told me "Congrats! you opened your inventory!" and I think no one will ever do. You can be part of the community even if you dont announce your achievements. You can chat, post your opinion, etc. Announcing achievements wont change anything in becoming part of the community.

2) Well, the hunger never resets while you wait the game to restar so, yes, you can die from hunger.

3) There are many plugins that remove the void damage and return you to an specific point. I dont know if you know but you can add more kits and remove some from an specific server, if you want you can make an extra kit for shovels, axes, etc., I dont know, and no, Im not into programming.

4) Ok, it does not matter. I just thought the prices were ridiculous, as I can easily get them.

5) I never said the plots would be amazing or with a perfect style, I stated that having lots of warps is unnecessary, filling the wall with warps that users might not even see or do not take the time to see them all.

6) If I could choose an old computer from a new chinny one which should I choose? The answer is obvious if we can have a better one we must use it. I think WorldEdit might help people that want to help rather than talking 4 hours to make an entire wall, I do not set the prices but I think it is against EULA to give players commands that will benefit them in some way. "Mojang is restricting Pay to Win / Pay for Perks servers to operate as a business or make money by selling game features, perks or cosmetic skins or in-game titles." This would not apply as a Staff member, of course.

7) Items cause lag, (heads, swords, pickaxes, etc.) So I think if you want to keep the heads, it might be useful to clear items every certain time as not many players do a parkour to just keep an item.

8 ) I thought it might be fun, but if you think it would affect gameplay, ignore this.

9) Forget this one too.

10) That does not stops the farming, they are many ways to skip the AFK kicker, and you passed from an argument to another, returning to the base, reducing costs will make the economy equal, why should we have a shop of 200 items if we only sell 2?

Post by: Livetabon - April 11th, 2015, 8:24:13 pm

1.) Now it just sounds like your grasping straws here, there is no issue so I am dropping this point completely.

2.) The game takes 45 seconds to start, if youre waiting for a long time, try going back to the lobby and waiting for the other players to finish their game or try out a different one.

3.) Void is not the issue here, as stated the void gets rid of spammy items (all tools u collect from dead players) and entities youve collected ei: heads. The void is staying for if you fall you basically lose the pvp fight. Kits arent that big of a deal either.

4.) if it doesnt matter we can drop this point as well.

5.) as stated before there arent really a lot of plots there, keep in mind mods can create plots but cannot remove the signs from the wall. Currently we only really have 10, which isnt much compared to the 500+ that players have built.

6.) World edit isnt a benefit, it would be in factions. But it isnt. All it does is increase building time (which isnt breaking the EULA at all) Donators help the server run and in return they get world edit. Runescape gives members other skills, is it against the EULA? No it isnt. World edit isnt pay to win. Please do research before you bring up something legal like this again, I will assume you are threatening the server if you state otherwise.

7.) clear lag has been talked upon staff, but entities are still removed after awhile. So there really isnt much of a point here.

8.) Yes perhaps you or other trusted people would be fun, but this can be misused and abused by some who intend on being malicious. (So clearly it ruins it for everyone else) I apologize.

9.) Alright.

10.) I have no idea what you are saying, can you please be more specific? Every thirty minutes a player would have to do something other then just wait for their spawner. So they arent actually afking they are actually playing. If you want to do this spawners can be easily bought in the cube tokens store.

~Liv :)

Post by: KeepingItCrafted - April 11th, 2015, 8:30:02 pm

Im sorry virtual but I agree with Livetabon. She has made it quite clear with justified reasons as to why some suggestions are irrelevant. I think most people would agree with me and her and to be honest if she has taken that long to rewrite everything over and over, then I think she has a point.

Its only my opinion, but every opinion counts.

-Hyper

Post by: ImJJ_ - April 12th, 2015, 5:48:30 pm

The one who needs to do more research is someone else. >:(
Take a look at this, this are the rules of the End User License Agreement set my Mojang in August 1st 2014 for all minecraft servers.
Introduction to EULA >https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula
What can and can not be done >https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation-the-follow-up-qa/

Post by: KeepingItCrafted - April 12th, 2015, 6:45:54 pm

[quote author=VirtualVortex26 link=topic=2645.msg12224#msg12224 date=1428875310]
The one who needs to do more research is someone else. >:(
Take a look at this, this are the rules of the End User License Agreement set my Mojang in August 1st 2014 for all minecraft servers.
Introduction to EULA >https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula
What can and can not be done >https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation-the-follow-up-qa/
[/quote]

What does this say then:

So can I charge for my minigames or mods?
Yes, so long as all players on your server have access to the features.

Can I give paying users priority access to my server?
Yes, but you cannot restrict gameplay elements to specific users

So in other words no EULA Terms have been broken.

Post by: oneofakid - April 12th, 2015, 7:03:45 pm

CubeBuilders has not broken any EULA. I can see where you are going with the restriction of access to minigames and such forth, but if we had WorldEdit in factions, I believe users would obviously abuse this feature. And we offer different things in factions that make up for WorldEdit and multiple plots and more. Instead of WorldEdit, you have Instant tpa! And instead of multiple plots, you can have pets. So we havent broken any EULAS.

Post by: ImJJ_ - April 12th, 2015, 7:09:07 pm

If you added permissions for WorldEdit this would break one EULA rule:
"Can I charge for access to server commands?
Yes, as long as their effects are purely cosmetic. Commands that affect gameplay, such as a command to fly, cannot be sold for hard currency."

WorldEdit is not cosmetic as it helps the player build automatically an structure with a command.

Also, other EULA terms are broken with the donor ranks, such as:
If all players get access to a feature such as a plot of land, can I sell access to multiple plots for hard currency?
No – that would be a gameplay affecting change, so it’s not allowed. All player who access your server must have the same gameplay features offered to them. The same rule applies to items, such as potions.

As seen hard currency [USA Dollars] give players a rank that give donors an extra plot.

Can I sell boosters, which provide faster gold gain, XP, or other in-game resources for hard currency?
No – boosters, item generators, and all other features that affect gameplay are not allowed.

Emerald rank receives a boost for double XP which is against EULA. Other include Factions power x2 faster.

Can I sell “kits” for hard currency if I provide a balanced alternative for non-paying users?
If the “kits” contain gameplay-affecting features they are not allowed. Gameplay balance is not relevant to the EULA. If the items included in the kit are purely cosmetic, you can charge real money/hard currency.
Donors also receive special kits, breaking a third EULA term.

Post by: oneofakid - April 12th, 2015, 7:14:13 pm

Honestly I did not see that on the link you provided us with. And besides, it isnt a players duty to point out if servers are against the EULAS. It is Mojangs. If they think we are against the EULAS, they have every right to check in to that and close the server if they are broken.
And the kit donors receive, /kit raid, does not affect gameplay, it is used for raiding in factions, which doesnt affect gameplay. In other words, if it did affect gameplay, then nobody could raid at all, regardless of access to /kit raid.

Post by: ImJJ_ - April 12th, 2015, 7:23:57 pm

Do you think a server with more than 100 users will go unnoticed? Do you want this community to be involved in an illegal matter? I dont. I want to help the server but my efforts seem useless, I want to grow this community but you refrain to the change, I want to make it better but you think it wont.

Powered by SiggiForum. Copyright © 2018 Siggi.io. Use of this website, and the CubeBuilders game server subject to Terms of Service.  View our Privacy Policy.  CubeBuilders is neither endorsed nor affiliated with Mojang Synergies AB.  "Minecraft" is a trademark of Mojang Synergies AB.  Cookies are stored in your browser by this website for the purposes of improving your experience.  By accessing this website, you consent to the placing of cookies on your system. For information on Cookies, see our Cookies page.