Some Helpful Suggestions

Some Helpful Suggestions
Post by: ImJJ_ - April 11th, 2015, 6:24:57 pm

;) Hey guys, I had a great time on the server but would like to make some suggestions to make it better!
[list type=decimal]
[li]Removal of achievements in chat, to keep the chat cleaner![/li]
[li]Removal/Block of kits and hunger in lobbies.[/li]
[li]Removal of the pvp arena in the hub, as there is already one in the Minigames.[/li]
[li]Make building materials and food (/cubetokens) cheaper in Skyblock.[/li]
[li]Limit warps at Creative, only the best![/li]
[li]Creation of a building team.[/li]
[li]Removal of void damage/death at the hub. Adding quick teleportation from the hub.[/li]
[li]Adding permissions for the command /fly (cosmetic) in the hub and /skull (cosmetic) in Creative for donors.[/li]
[li]Adding the chest protection plugin in Skyblock for preventing stealing (personal experience)[/li]
[li]Reduce selling price for iron/cactus at Skyblock[/li]
[/list]
I hope this suggestions help the server and make the environment fun and fair.

Re: Some Helpful Suggestions
Post by: KeepingItCrafted - April 11th, 2015, 6:47:23 pm

[quote author=VirtualVortex26 link=topic=2645.msg12035#msg12035 date=1428791097]
;) Hey guys, I had a great time on the server but would like to make some suggestions to make it better!
[list type=decimal]
[li]Removal of achievements in chat, to keep the chat cleaner![/li]
[li]Removal/Block of kits and hunger in lobbies.[/li]
[li]Removal of the pvp arena in the hub, as there is already one in the Minigames.[/li]
[li]Make building materials and food (/cubetokens) cheaper in Skyblock.[/li]
[li]Limit warps at Creative, only the best![/li]
[li]Creation of a building team.[/li]
[li]Removal of void damage/death at the hub. Adding quick teleportation from the hub.[/li]
[li]Adding permissions for the command /fly (cosmetic) in the hub and /skull (cosmetic) in Creative for donors.[/li]
[li]Adding the chest protection plugin in Skyblock for preventing stealing (personal experience)[/li]
[li]Reduce selling price for iron/cactus at Skyblock[/li]
[/list]
I hope this suggestions help the server and make the environment fun and fair.
[/quote]

Woah a lot of ideas here. Nice job!

1) I like it, I think it would clear up chat a lot and would make it look nicer without constant achievment messages.

2) We need /kit tools to get swords for fighting in the lobbys Pvp arena im afraid. Hunger should be sorted in my opinion so I hope it corrected soon.

3) Some people prefer the hub pvp arena because it allows users to fight against people that have exactly the same items as them. Its here to stay im afraid.

4) Skyblock is already fairly cheap, since the cubetokens store is meant to be a premium currency store it will never be as cheap as the spawn shop but still cheap enough to make it well worth while.

5) There is so many good plots though, it would be unfair to miss out on users and it doesnt cause problems that there is lots of warps does it?

6) Our Building team (Or building person) is Livetabon. Check out the Free For All Pvp Map she made. It is so cool that even I wonder how she gets the inspiration for these things. If something can be built, Livetabon will build it and do an amazing job.

7) No damage means no pvp. As I said before, the pvp is here to stay.

8) Fly in the hub would damage pvp aspects and some players do not wish to have their head spawned without their permission so I dont think we will be adding this.

9) Lockette used to be on the server but Im not sure why it was removed, maybe it was due to server plugin conflict but I have been coding some bits together for myself and it appears that it should not conflict in the latest version. I will talk to siggi when I can about this and maybe he will re-add it.

10) One question. How would people make money?!?

Post by: Livetabon - April 11th, 2015, 6:48:30 pm

1. Achievements are something that players should be proud of, it doesnt happen often so it doesnt spam our chat.

2. The lobby does not have hunger, did you just log in for a few seconds? It really doesnt go down. Also /kit tools is enabled, it doesnt really do any harm.

3. the pvp arena in hub is different because players do not get to spam OP armor and god apples, (if you been in ffapvp you would realize this difference) also the arena is smaller so players cant just enderpearl all over the place, which they cant anyway.

4. Skyblock food is free if you go and kill cows, also money is quite easily attainable, we have players with 30+ mil in skyblocks.

5. We have a lot of awesome warps, and we are very picky in what we choose already.

6. Staff and the community build together, I was offered a builder rank but I turned it down recently, I love being staff and believe that the community should also decide on builds, it shouldnt be up to a group or team alone.

7. The death is crucial to remove items and heads, if you fall its your fault. Players can easily do /home or /spawn to avoid the void.

8. Skull was removed for a reason, and donators can still get skulls. (Again something you wouldnt know as a non-donator) also /fly is not available to players because we have parkor in lobbies (again something you should have seen if you stayed and explored our hub and spawns longer.)

9. Skyblocks players that are not added to /is cannot steal from skyblocks. Please play the game longer before suggesting. If you were taken from then a player is added to ur /is and you should remove them if you do not wish to share. (this could also be due to the fact the plugin is being completely re-written so it could have been removed temporarily)

10. I do agree that the selling price should be reduced but this conflicts with your earlier statement (number 4) if you dislike the objects being expensive yet you want to decrease the selling price for cactus/iron? This is how players make money?

Thank you for your suggestions, but you need to do a little research for these ideas!

Ill see you in game!
~Liv

Post by: KeepingItCrafted - April 11th, 2015, 6:55:50 pm

[quote author=Livetabon link=topic=2645.msg12045#msg12045 date=1428792510]
1. Achievements are something that players should be proud of, it doesnt happen often so it doesnt spam our chat.

2. The lobby does not have hunger, did you just log in for a few seconds? It really doesnt go down. Also /kit tools is enabled, it doesnt really do any harm.

3. the pvp arena in hub is different because players do not get to spam OP armor and god apples, (if you been in ffapvp you would realize this difference) also the arena is smaller so players cant just enderpearl all over the place, which they cant anyway.

4. Skyblock food is free if you go and kill cows, also money is quite easily attainable, we have players with 30+ mil in skyblocks.

5. We have a lot of awesome warps, and we are very picky in what we choose already.

6. Staff and the community build together, I was offered a builder rank but I turned it down recently, I love being staff and believe that the community should also decide on builds, it shouldnt be up to a group or team alone.

7. The death is crucial to remove items and heads, if you fall its your fault. Players can easily do /home or /spawn to avoid the void.

8. Skull was removed for a reason, and donators can still get skulls. (Again something you wouldnt know as a non-donator) also /fly is not available to players because we have parkor in lobbies (again something you should have seen if you stayed and explored our hub and spawns longer.)

9. Skyblocks players that are not added to /is cannot steal from skyblocks. Please play the game longer before suggesting. If you were taken from then a player is added to ur /is and you should remove them if you do not wish to share. (this could also be due to the fact the plugin is being completely re-written so it could have been removed temporarily)

10. I do agree that the selling price should be reduced but this conflicts with your earlier statement (number 4) if you dislike the objects being expensive yet you want to decrease the selling price for cactus/iron? This is how players make money?

Thank you for your suggestions, but you need to do a little research for these ideas!

Ill see you in game!
~Liv
[/quote]

I agree with most of these Livetabon as you may have seen my above comment however for skyblocks it would be good to have lockette because as an example: I live on willbobs island and built a house. Then I put like 8 chests in there and without me knowing Slimestein said it was the chest room for our island so people put junk in my chests and took my good stuff. Lockette would prevent this from happening and also protect chests from things like creeper-explosions.

Post by: Livetabon - April 11th, 2015, 6:57:16 pm

With the new plugin you would have to be online for people to even go to your island (if u added them) nevermind putting junk in it.

Again lockette would be good, but with the new plugin it would be useless to have, since you would have to be there for any player to be on your island.

Post by: KeepingItCrafted - April 11th, 2015, 6:59:56 pm

[quote author=Livetabon link=topic=2645.msg12048#msg12048 date=1428793036]
With the new plugin you would have to be online for people to even go to your island (if u added them) nevermind putting junk in it.

Again lockette would be good, but with the new plugin it would be useless to have, since you would have to be there for any player to be on your island.
[/quote]

Not true. For example: Willbob adds me, and logs off and I do /is sethome. I can then do /is to get there whenever I want. This means that anyone added can access the island and its chests at any time at the moment so you wouldnt need to be there for the player to be on your island. Hence the need for lockette.

Post by: Livetabon - April 11th, 2015, 7:11:13 pm

You clearly dont know anything about the new plugin being implemented/created then.

With the new plugin it goes like this:

Willbob invites u to their island (much like creative he is adding you to his plot or in this case world/is)

willbob goes offline: The whole world DESPAWNS. So no players can access it until willbob comes back.

~liv

Post by: ImJJ_ - April 11th, 2015, 7:20:21 pm

[quote author=HyperSwordsman link=topic=2645.msg12047#msg12047 date=1428792950]

Ill see you in game!
~Liv
[/quote]

I agree with most of these Livetabon as you may have seen my above comment however for skyblocks it would be good to have lockette because as an example: I live on willbobs island and built a house. Then I put like 8 chests in there and without me knowing Slimestein said it was the chest room for our island so people put junk in my chests and took my good stuff. Lockette would prevent this from happening and also protect chests from things like creeper-explosions.
[/quote][quote author=HyperSwordsman link=topic=2645.msg12047#msg12047 date=1428792950]

Ill see you in game!
~Liv
[/quote]

[/quote]

1) I believe HyperSwordsman and I have a point. The achievements wont be announced in the chat but the players will still see their own achievements, keeping the chat clean and controlled. If the network wants to expand, achievements must be removed.

2) I did not specify the lobbies (my error), we dont really need the /kits at Minigames or do we? Also the hunger goes down in some of them like Color Shuffle, that is a fatal error.

3) I believe that changing the kit or making a new one would be better, as useless items (shovel, pickaxe, axe) are not used when fighting. I think the pvp area should be closed as I do not believe void damage would be proper for the hub of a network.

4) Responding to Livetabon if food and materials are so easy to obtain why should they cost 49-199 cube tokens? From my point of view it would be better to remove it from the cube token shop.

5) I think the warps should be special, showing the best of the best. The players would strive and give their best to be on that list. We do not want a list of 100 warps when we can only have 10-20 of the best.

6) I believe a Building Team is needed because the building and design of the server sometimes say much of it. A building Team would only build when they are needed and would not receive more commands than World Edit (which will help them).

7) Death is not necessary if you do not want it. Players can accidentally fall in the void and be teleported immediately to the spawn, why are the heads needed? Seriously, they are unnecessary and useless.

8 ) Fly is a fun cosmetic used in many servers, if we have parkours why dont we let the players choose wether they want to do it or just fly for fun? You can also disable fly in some regions if you want to maintain the parkour style.

9) I think it might be useful, players sometimes want privacy.

10) Players can still make fair money preventing the exploding of the economy with people having 100 millions. Money should be earned by hard work and not only by being AFK and waiting the farms to collect the items (my opinion).

Thanks for your opinions!

Post by: Livetabon - April 11th, 2015, 7:32:59 pm

1.) Whats the point in achievements if other players dont know about it? Its about getting the community to congratulate you, not to hide it for yourself cause woop de doo you opened your inventory for the first time. New players like to feel a part of a community so they feel happy when other people talk to them and congratulate them. It doesnt at all in anyway spam chat, in fact I barely notice it.

2.) you will never die of hunger in color shuffle, in fact if you survive that long Id be impressed.

3.) The kit is universal, and those items are crucial in factions. Besides I love hitting people with shovels lel. Also the void is fine for the network? Are you into programming? The void doesnt do any damage to the network at all?

4.) This is a different argument completely, food is easy to obtain it just takes long, cube tokens are easily given out to players if they do minigames mazes are the easiest to farm cube tokens with. So I dont see the issue? If your patient go kill cows if not buy them? It gives players something we like to call: variety.

5.) The main age group of cube builders are 9-15 years old. They arent going to be the next van gough in terms of style or art. All of our warps are beautiful, and having a variety of them is special I believe 13 or so is great compared to the 500+ other plots we have. That are filled.

6.) Players and staff can build great things, there are no issues with our spawns and they are all unique and hand picked. If you want world edit give the server ten dollars.

7.) Players that fall are normally pking or parkouring, the death makes them start again, if they cant get to the portals for some reason (although its basically impossible to miss them) they can use /server to join whatever they wish. Heads are also nice because players like collecting the heads of their enemies. Which is why we have a hidden enderchest in spawn that players need to PARKOUR to get to.

8.) If players had fly whats to stop people from just flying in one direction forever? Who is to stop players from using fly to cheat in the pvp area? Fly is not needed, the spawn is perfectly accessible to all players they can PARKOUR everywhere. If you want to fly go to creative. We have an exact replica of the /hub in there.

9.) again with the new plugin its worthless to add this, for your island will despawn as stated above.

10.) We are actually implementing an AFK kicker (30mins) so this argument is null.

~Liv

Post by: KeepingItCrafted - April 11th, 2015, 7:35:41 pm

[quote author=VirtualVortex26 link=topic=2645.msg12054#msg12054 date=1428794421]
[quote author=HyperSwordsman link=topic=2645.msg12047#msg12047 date=1428792950]

Ill see you in game!
~Liv
[/quote]

[/quote][quote author=HyperSwordsman link=topic=2645.msg12047#msg12047 date=1428792950]

Ill see you in game!
~Liv
[/quote]

[/quote]

1) I believe HyperSwordsman and I have a point. The achievements wont be announced in the chat but the players will still see their own achievements, keeping the chat clean and controlled. If the network wants to expand, achievements must be removed.

2) I did not specify the lobbies (my error), we dont really need the /kits at Minigames or do we? Also the hunger goes down in some of them like Color Shuffle, that is a fatal error.

3) I believe that changing the kit or making a new one would be better, as useless items (shovel, pickaxe, axe) are not used when fighting. I think the pvp area should be closed as I do not believe void damage would be proper for the hub of a network.

4) Responding to Livetabon if food and materials are so easy to obtain why should they cost 49-199 cube tokens? From my point of view it would be better to remove it from the cube token shop.

5) I think the warps should be special, showing the best of the best. The players would strive and give their best to be on that list. We do not want a list of 100 warps when we can only have 10-20 of the best.

6) I believe a Building Team is needed because the building and design of the server sometimes say much of it. A building Team would only build when they are needed and would not receive more commands than World Edit (which will help them).

7) Death is not necessary if you do not want it. Players can accidentally fall in the void and be teleported immediately to the spawn, why are the heads needed? Seriously, they are unnecessary and useless.

8 ) Fly is a fun cosmetic used in many servers, if we have parkours why dont we let the players choose wether they want to do it or just fly for fun? You can also disable fly in some regions if you want to maintain the parkour style.

9) I think it might be useful, players sometimes want privacy.

10) Players can still make fair money preventing the exploding of the economy with people having 100 millions, money should be earned by hard work and not only by being AFK and waiting the farms to collect the items (my opinion).

Thanks for your opinions!
[/quote]

My apologies, when you said Lobbies I only thought about hub. Yeah I starved to death a couple of times in the colorshuffle lobby (glitches caused me to lose the last half a heart) and minigames could have the kits taken out of, once again thanks for the suggestions.

[quote author=Livetabon link=topic=2645.msg12053#msg12053 date=1428793873]
You clearly dont know anything about the new plugin being implemented/created then.

With the new plugin it goes like this:

Willbob invites u to their island (much like creative he is adding you to his plot or in this case world/is)

willbob goes offline: The whole world DESPAWNS. So no players can access it until willbob comes back.

~liv
[/quote]

No, I was not made aware of the new plugin by anyone and I also temporarily quit skyblock because Slimestein and Willbob were negotiating the terms and conditions on which our island would be based due to missconception in previous weeks. However I will rejoin and learn more about the plugin. I can see flaws in this plugin at the moment but maybe it will be resolved. For example if your standing on someones island and they leave the server. Does it just despawn and the player falls to their death?

Powered by SiggiForum. Copyright © 2018 Siggi.io. Use of this website, and the CubeBuilders game server subject to Terms of Service.  View our Privacy Policy.  CubeBuilders is neither endorsed nor affiliated with Mojang Synergies AB.  "Minecraft" is a trademark of Mojang Synergies AB.  Cookies are stored in your browser by this website for the purposes of improving your experience.  By accessing this website, you consent to the placing of cookies on your system. For information on Cookies, see our Cookies page.