Factions Changes!

Re: Factions Changes!
Post by: SuperNova50 - February 27th, 2015, 6:59:43 pm

this is how i get to one of my bases, i cant do that, my base is in another factions territory, no way
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

dd\(_)/ WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE THINKING!!!

Post by: EnderTheGreat - February 27th, 2015, 7:01:49 pm

In a base that doesnt belong to you? so you can continuously just spawn back after death? Also, part of raiding is bringing the supplies you need to begin with. There are some fatal flaws to just being able to immediately tp back to wherever you please. Imagine defending against that?
whats stopping someone from just tping back when nobodys on? its hardly fair.

Post by: Akiraff - February 27th, 2015, 7:03:12 pm

[quote author=Rat link=topic=1983.msg8136#msg8136 date=1425080595]
But, you should be able to sethome in a base, then leave it and raid. Escpecialy so ypu can go back to ur base and get supplies
[/quote]
Here is a simple solution, towards your problem. You could set home towards your faction correct? Claim part of their territory and set home. When raiding, ensure to make the players loose their power so you are able to claim their faction territory.

Thus plugin updates, ensures that people dont backstab or raid the base by setting home, and bringing another faction. This is a major concern towards a lot of faction members, who bring enemies to the factions.

Akiraff
CubeBuilders Administrator

Post by: EnderTheGreat - February 27th, 2015, 7:42:30 pm

[quote author=GrumpyCatLover link=topic=1983.msg8138#msg8138 date=1425081583]
this is how i get to one of my bases, i cant do that, my base is in another factions territory, no way
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

dd\(_)/ WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE THINKING!!!
[/quote]

what do you mean your base is in another factions territory? how does that even work. If its not your territory, it isnt your base.

Post by: ThunderHoof - February 27th, 2015, 9:26:04 pm

I support this. I hope this would stop some hackers.

Post by: Solurnis - February 28th, 2015, 6:45:40 pm

You would have to walk back to the coords, and that would suck.

Post by: Livetabon - February 28th, 2015, 7:11:13 pm

Not really you could always sethome outside the faction.

Post by: ThunderHoof - February 28th, 2015, 7:56:20 pm

then what is the purpose of the changes?

Post by: EnderTheGreat - February 28th, 2015, 7:59:53 pm

prevents people from directly teleporting into areas and have to actually raid/get in en masse. This will also stop people from tpa spamming because that kind of phishing wont work any longer.

Post by: Livetabon - February 28th, 2015, 8:14:41 pm

Its kinda like this: Whats the point in making traps/Vaults/etc if people can just sethome in them? Or away from danger? How about if someone kills me whats to stop them from just killing me where my /f home is? Because they set their home in that area and tp whenever they wish to kill me, Id have to move out entirely. Leaving all my nice buildings behind I worked so hard for.

No. This is my territory, players should not be able to set their homes in my territory. This is MY home not theirs. Thats the reason we implement these changes. I spent all my power to claim land I should have the power to control said land. I should be able to know exactly who is on my land, it is MY home playing feild and I have the advantage! Not outsiders!

If a playerbase finds a faction, then the point of the plugin was to either

a: sneak in undetected whilist the members were offline and make it through the bases defenses and explore and find their vault.

or b: to fight/defend and claim the land in order to fully take control of it and raid them completely.

This is what we want to achieve^ an actual raid, not this kind of "ooh I set my home so now I basically own everything here! Hahaha!" It is abusing the command. Donators even benefit tremendously since their wait times on teleporting is null, how can regular members compete with that? Arent you tired of people constantly killing the same person over and over and over again or taking your stuff over and over and over again because they /sethome in the worst possible spot they could ever /sethome? (middle of faction, exactly at /f home spawn, in your vault, somewhere you think is safe! etc)

also you may be thinking: If people were stupid enough to tpaccept someone here they deserve this. What about players that specifically wait for others to say "tpa to me" to another faction member? so they can come in and snatch the tele (kinda like a scam)? Or donators that change their nickname and trick other members into believing they are teleing an ally? Tpaing into an enemy base should be DANGEROUS not some way to get a /home and become god of the faction. Besides everyone makes mistakes, with new players coming in and joining factions they are going to accidentally accept people.

All I am saying is infiltrating a base should be a risk, not a free lunch for the raiders.

Powered by SiggiForum. Copyright © 2018 Siggi.io. Use of this website, and the CubeBuilders game server subject to Terms of Service.  View our Privacy Policy.  CubeBuilders is neither endorsed nor affiliated with Mojang Synergies AB.  "Minecraft" is a trademark of Mojang Synergies AB.  Cookies are stored in your browser by this website for the purposes of improving your experience.  By accessing this website, you consent to the placing of cookies on your system. For information on Cookies, see our Cookies page.