A Racist Rule

A Racist Rule
Post by: Dooplu - September 17th, 2015, 9:05:58 pm

Today i was banned on the server for three days... :/ This all happend because i said one phrase in french i got muted for 15 mins without warning! After trying to reason with a moderator whom i will not name... i got banned because i tried to ignore her and because i was saying that if someone didnt know any english and join this wondurful server and didnt understand the watchers what would happen to them?! The rule of having to speak in english is not fair because most people dont know english so they would get banned and not knowing why. I vote that we remove this rule and that the server tries to either look or make a translating plugin to understand and communicate with our foreign minecrafter friends. Please spread the word so we can make the server multi-linguale. I highly appreciate you reading this ;D

Re: A Racist Rule
Post by: StativeSpencer - September 17th, 2015, 9:08:29 pm

I wouldnt call it racist

Post by: Yvetal123 - September 17th, 2015, 9:09:56 pm

I do kinda agree there should be a kind of translator plugin so that they can speak freely

Post by: Dooplu - September 17th, 2015, 9:10:08 pm

im amazed ppl reply so fast

Post by: Livetabon - September 17th, 2015, 9:13:09 pm

First of all, you got banned for disrespecting me, the mod.

Secondly, you called our server racist which is not the best term for this, here is the definition of racism in case you did not know it before: "the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that ones own race is superior."

and here is the definition of race: Race, as a social construct, is a group of people who share similar and distinct physical characteristics. First used to refer to speakers of a common language and then to denote national affiliations, by the 17th century race began to refer to physical (i.e. phenotypical) traits.

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS, NOT LANGUAGE.

it does not matter your race, it does not matter if youre black, white, yellow, long nosed, big nosed, skinny, fat etc we do not care where you are from. If you speak english and found this site (THE ENGLISH SITE WHERE IT SAYS IN ENGLISH WHERE AND WHAT OUR SERVER IS AND HOW TO GET TO IT) then you can play.

There are roughly 6,500 spoken languages in the world today. However, about 2,000 of those languages have fewer than 1,000 speakers. The most popular language in the world is Mandarin Chinese. There are 1,213,000,000 people in the world that speak that language.

Now let me ask you, do YOU know mandarin? If you became staff on the server would YOU know what someone speaking MANDARIN in chat is even SAYING to you?

They could be saying MALICIOUS things to you, they could be insulting you, but you WOULDNT KNOW.

We cant make a translator online for all 6500, and since this is an ENGLISH server, we CANNOT implement that any of the 6500 languages in the world are allowed. NO ONE CAN LEARN THAT MANY, NOR IS ANYONE EXPECTED to know that much.

This is why you were banned, because you would not listen to my explanation. If you want to go to a french speaking server there are TONS you just gotta look on FRENCH SITES for them, NOT ENGLISH ones.

See you in 3 days!

~Liv

Post by: Dooplu - September 17th, 2015, 9:15:21 pm

well unlike u i would actually use a tool such as google translate and also you ban me yet check if im on the forums good move :D

Post by: Livetabon - September 17th, 2015, 9:17:38 pm

I assumed you would post a ban appeal, so I came on here.

Google translate isnt accurate either you know, it was a small mute and youre so salty about being muted for a few measly minutes.

Do you want the entire forum to have all 6500 languages on it as well? Do you know how impossible that would be to read?

Also mandarin is not letters like this <--- its symbols. No one can read that, and if you google translate it into english <--- these words, the mandarin person wouldnt understand u either.

~Liv

Post by: Yvetal123 - September 17th, 2015, 9:25:20 pm

Mandarin in google translate is decently accurate however in shanghai there is a lot of chinglish accidents ._. but the translator would at least give the gist of the phrasing even with the accidents.

Post by: UmbreonFang - September 17th, 2015, 9:26:26 pm

[quote author=Lord_Of_Dubstep link=topic=4701.msg24819#msg24819 date=1442538921]
well unlike u i would actually use a tool such as google translate and akso you ban me yet check if im on the forums good move :D
[/quote]

Stop disrespecting staff you Baka (Yeah go use your precious google translate for that one. And just so you know, its Japanese)! And Liv is totally right (BTW Liv, your the Pokemon Master X3), go on to a French site and speak French. Also look up the definition of racist before you accuse someone of being it. Its also in the rules, I think, so yeah. Dont mess with our great staff team! And follow the rules! AND look up words before you use them, aight?

Post by: Yvetal123 - September 17th, 2015, 9:28:40 pm

and btw I speak mandarin

Powered by SiggiForum. Copyright © 2018 Siggi.io. Use of this website, and the CubeBuilders game server subject to Terms of Service.  View our Privacy Policy.  CubeBuilders is neither endorsed nor affiliated with Mojang Synergies AB.  "Minecraft" is a trademark of Mojang Synergies AB.  Cookies are stored in your browser by this website for the purposes of improving your experience.  By accessing this website, you consent to the placing of cookies on your system. For information on Cookies, see our Cookies page.