*PLEASE READ* Regarding all players and staff part of CubeBuilders.

*PLEASE READ* Regarding all players and staff part of CubeBuilders.
Post by: oneofakid - December 20th, 2015, 9:23:37 pm

Hey guys.
This is a message to all fellow CubeBuilders players and staff. Please consider reading, as this post discusses the current issues and concerns with CubeBuilders; more particularly, the community.

Hello. My name is oneofakid, or you may know me as One. I joined here a year ago in December 2014. I got a warm welcome and instant friends. Nowadays, on CubeBuilders, when a new player joins, they arent given much attention and/or respect. Most of the old[er] players like me had/have lots of fun on CubeBuilders. However, recently (the past month and a half) I have noticed our player base has been getting, well, rude. Annoying. Disrespectful. Hurtful. They have been becoming basically bullies. This really ticks me off because, for one, minecraft is supposed to be a fun game, or at least Ill just define fun as its not supposed to be a game full of hatred. Its supposed to be fun to build cool things. Making skyblock islands is supposed to be fun. Surviving in the wild is supposed to be fun. PVPing is supposed to be fun. And yes, even role plays are supposed to be fun. People on CubeBuilders are taking the fun away. Even though they may not realize it, they make CubeBuilders not a fun place to be on. Im sick of seeing players yelling at others to get off their plot. Guess what, theres a neat thing called /p deny. I think you should try it! Im also sick of players being harassed and embarrassed. Ok, maybe some players need to lighten up. But often I see players being made fun of and harassed for dumb reasons: Their skin, their gender, their role in a frickin roleplay. It also ticks me off whenever staff are clearly online and capable of dealing with those players, and they just ignore it. I dont care if I get punished for this, but if we wanna keep CubeBuilders healthy, staff need to step up their game.

My second concern is the drama on CubeBuilders. Most of the time, its players who overreact. Oh no, youve been raided on factions. Lets go take out our anger on other people. ITS FACTIONS. YOU ARE GONNA GET RAIDED. Some players need to lighten up. Just one overreaction causes a series of events: Taking out anger at another player, that player leaving the server as so, and resulting in CubeBuilders going downhill.

My final concern is the amount of people leaving. It makes me so sad that players are leaving, as I had great times with a lot of them, but more because they are leaving because of all the problems listed above. No player should have to go through those. And what really kills me is that some players leave to get attention. Every time someone leaves, it usually causes a chain reaction of leaves, and unfortunately that is unavoidable, but this is not my point. In my time in minecraft servers in general, Ive seen players leave simply because they hope if theyll be missed. It kinda turns in to a game. A cruel, stupid game. One example Ive seen on a server forum (not this one) is this:
"Im leaving the server guys, sorry bye :("
This is where the game comes into play. Theres two things:
*The player receives no replies*
*New post: "Oh so nobody will miss me >:( wow"
And then the player actually leaves.
But:
*The player receives goodbye messages*
*New post: "Aww Ive decided to stay since you all will miss me too much :)"
And of course, the player stays.

I really dont wanna see CubeBuilders go downhill like this. Pretty much since October, CubeBuilders had a great and friendly community, and now people come along and ruin everything. Now, Im not sure if Ill leave, because I have an active donator rank, and it would sorta in a way be hypocritical. I have done many wrong things, and I feel as if I have corrected my behavior, and I hope you guys see me as a generally nice player.

But there is one thing for sure. CubeBuilders needs to have a new leaf.

Re: *PLEASE READ* Regarding all players and staff part of CubeBuilders.
Post by: paintcr - December 21st, 2015, 7:58:30 am

I completely agree, One. I have also done lots of wrong things. This post clearly states that staff should "step up their game." Guys, listen to One. He has CBs downfall in a nutshell.

You have moved me to where I might be staying long enough to help stop the downfall of CubeBuilders.

Peace Out

Squidz

Post by: realJosefStalin - December 21st, 2015, 11:15:33 am

I agree fully but role players need to quit roleplayers are like my least favorite things

Post by: oneofakid - December 21st, 2015, 11:32:42 am

[quote author=ActualPixel link=topic=5209.msg27833#msg27833 date=1450714533]
I agree fully but role players need to quit roleplayers are like my least favorite things
[/quote]
Lets face it. We are going to have role players. Its unstoppable. I dont really mind them, but there is always /ignore. And roleplayers are being recommended by staff to use TeamSpeak for their roleplays.

Post by: maggiethatcher69 - December 21st, 2015, 12:42:08 pm

I know! This is the exact reason I left for a while. And its looking like i might be leaving again :-\

Post by: Peppah - December 21st, 2015, 3:46:29 pm

[quote author=One link=topic=5209.msg27835#msg27835 date=1450715562]
[quote author=ActualPixel link=topic=5209.msg27833#msg27833 date=1450714533]
[/quote]
Lets face it. We are going to have role players. Its unstoppable. I dont really mind them, but there is always /ignore. And roleplayers are being recommended by staff to use TeamSpeak for their roleplays.
[/quote]

I have noticed that when I try to ignore someone they can still private message me.

Post by: KermitsBigToe - December 21st, 2015, 5:51:41 pm

I couldnt agree more with you honestly. Ive been here for a little over a year now and Ive seen these things happen. It sadly has happened/Will happen on other servers that I am active on.

I dont like it when people include peoples age/gender into an argument. Oh so a player is a little younger than you? Cool. You were/probably still are a kid too. Its a little thing called life, quite interesting really. Ive seen people bring peoples family into their little arguments which was probably started by some stupid little reason that theyll forget in a months time. But when people bring peoples families into that sort of thing its saddening. Some people dont have people to even call their family yet people still think its alright to judge them on their back ground? Just because other people say those things doesnt mean you need to, be the bigger person.

Factions.. Oh dont get me started on that. People throwing insults at each other like its nothing, spoiler alert - words hurt too. Two wrongs dont make a right. I actually did come on earlier on factions. There was roughly say five people online on factions at the time so I thought it would be safe from the drama for a little while. Gosh I was so wrong, people cant go a sentence without insulting the other one.
Just cause you act tough on a kids game doesnt mean Im going to respect you anymore, it means Im going to lose all the respect I ever had for you in the first place. Their comebacks are very immature as it is. I asked them to stop arguing one time " Shut up Im 17 "? Big deal, youre older than me yet youre sitting here arguing with people years younger than you?
Ive always believed that age isnt a sign of how mature you really are.

Kay now onto the role plays.. Oh the role plays. I remember when I literally built role plays on my plot for hours and I had a small group of friends whom wed always have a laugh together with. Now when I came on the other day I see people actually threatening people over roleplays? I remember when I asked someone to stop arguing Sovie stay the bleep out of this, its none of your business ? Is that for real.. If youre going to argue on creative in public chat like that people are going to get involved whether you want them to or not. Thats why I love the two commands /msg and /ignore. A pair of lovely commands truly. Also its annoying when theres an argument going on and you literally cannot tell if its roleplay or a literal argument.

Im honestly just hoping that theyll be some New Years miracle and things will go back to the way they were. But I know thats not likely, things dont change in a day. Its not like cubebuilders is a tremendously big server with hundreds of players a day so its more of a The community is what you make it server everyone has a role in this server. Some good some bad. If we all felt the same way about the server which is, to make it a better place and more enjoyable for all our players, new or not. Then it would be great and it would be problem resolved. Sure we do have the odd person who joins whos main purpose is to ruin all that. Which is why Id like to see the staff members being more active and treating the offenders fairly.

All in all I do agree with you 101% and I hope that it can redeem itself..

Post by: slimestein - December 22nd, 2015, 5:35:22 am

I agree with some stuff and some stuff not on what one said, then i started scrolling down and saw sovies post and sorry sovie but i was way to lazy to read another wall of text. But it amazes me that you two take your time to write so much about this because then that shows how much you really do care about the server and i think thatthat is one of the best things and player of cb could do and all probs would be solved or something good written if all was like u 2 i guess?

Post by: BradmasterX - December 25th, 2015, 3:48:07 pm

You all agree cubebuilders is falling but what is the real problem

Post by: oneofakid - December 25th, 2015, 4:53:54 pm

[quote author=BradmasterX link=topic=5209.msg27883#msg27883 date=1451076487]
You all agree cubebuilders is falling but what is the real problem
[/quote]
if you actually read my post i explained the real problem

Powered by SiggiForum. Copyright © 2018 Siggi.io. Use of this website, and the CubeBuilders game server subject to Terms of Service.  View our Privacy Policy.  CubeBuilders is neither endorsed nor affiliated with Mojang Synergies AB.  "Minecraft" is a trademark of Mojang Synergies AB.  Cookies are stored in your browser by this website for the purposes of improving your experience.  By accessing this website, you consent to the placing of cookies on your system. For information on Cookies, see our Cookies page.