Forum Topic Locking

Forum Topic Locking
Post by: vvanqu1sh - April 10th, 2015, 8:57:07 pm

Hi! ;D

This isnt a suggestion for the CubeBuilders server itself, but for the forums.

We should have it so that after 2 weeks, a topic automatically becomes locked. This could stop gravedigging and could potentially prevent spam.

Let me know what you think! ;D

-DRG

Re: Forum Topic Locking
Post by: MashedBrotato_ - April 10th, 2015, 9:08:30 pm

Thats a very good idea!

Post by: Akiraff - April 11th, 2015, 12:28:12 pm

That is a good idea, but I dont mind taking the responsibility in manually doing it by myself. Usually people who are caught grave digging, are received warning and removal of he post.

Akiraff
CubeBuilders Administrator

Post by: MasterTiger101 - April 11th, 2015, 12:32:07 pm

Good idea Daretrogamer

Post by: vvanqu1sh - April 11th, 2015, 12:33:25 pm

[quote author=Akiraff link=topic=2621.msg11953#msg11953 date=1428769692]
That is a good idea, but I dont mind taking the responsibility in manually doing it by myself. Usually people who are caught grave digging, are received warning and removal of he post.

Akiraff
CubeBuilders Administrator
[/quote]You could do it that way, but think about it. You cant delete every single post and warn every single one of those members. I think it would be could to have an automatic system that does that.

Post by: KermitsBigToe - April 11th, 2015, 12:41:39 pm

Im going to have to agree, although I am unaware of what grave digging is ( I dont speak Internet, sorry xD ) but Im going to presume by the way you worded it. Does it mean going to old forums and posting something irrelevant to the topic or is it like spam where you just post one word answers and/or a bunch of smilies?
( example: Lol ;D ;D ;D )

But all that aside I do agree, as players could be going through weeks and weeks worth of old topic to just get their post count up. :)

Post by: vvanqu1sh - April 11th, 2015, 12:47:12 pm

[quote author=SovietPickle link=topic=2621.msg11963#msg11963 date=1428770499]
Im going to have to agree, although I am unaware of what grave digging is ( I dont speak Internet, sorry xD ) but Im going to presume by the way you worded it. Does it mean going to old forums and posting something irrelevant to the topic or is it like spam where you just post one word answers and/or a bunch of smilies?
( example: Lol ;D ;D ;D )

But all that aside I do agree, as players could be going through weeks and weeks worth of old topic to just get their post count up. :)
[/quote]Grave digging is when you post on topics that have had no discussion in the past two weeks.

Post by: Livetabon - April 11th, 2015, 9:34:36 pm

I like mods+ having that responsibility, it allows staff to be active and monitor things.

I do not wish for it to be automatic, staff cant be lazy!

~Liv

Post by: KeepingItCrafted - April 11th, 2015, 9:51:20 pm

[quote author=Livetabon link=topic=2621.msg12089#msg12089 date=1428802476]
I like mods+ having that responsibility, it allows staff to be active and monitor things.

I do not wish for it to be automatic, staff cant be lazy!

~Liv
[/quote]

I think helpers/watchers should lock topics too, for example if the mods+ accidentally miss an irrelevant/outdated post then it should be up to the Helpers/Watchers to deal with it.

Post by: Amaterasu6k - April 12th, 2015, 9:34:07 pm

Sounds like a pretty good idea in my opinion. :P

Powered by SiggiForum. Copyright © 2018 Siggi.io. Use of this website, and the CubeBuilders game server subject to Terms of Service.  View our Privacy Policy.  CubeBuilders is neither endorsed nor affiliated with Mojang Synergies AB.  "Minecraft" is a trademark of Mojang Synergies AB.  Cookies are stored in your browser by this website for the purposes of improving your experience.  By accessing this website, you consent to the placing of cookies on your system. For information on Cookies, see our Cookies page.