creative need this asap

creative need this asap
Post by: AzzaOwns - April 5th, 2015, 4:51:41 am

i persoanally use creative as a tool to help me in the other servers but it has come to my attention that tnt dose not explode i am guessing this is just to stop grifing but can there please be a command to enable it on your plot as i like to make cannons

also i hope you dont take this as i want to tnt others plots i only want to tnt my plot to practice and have fun.

Re: creative need this asap
Post by: vvanqu1sh - April 5th, 2015, 2:55:57 pm

Griefing.

If we added this players would obviously abuse it.

Lag.

Whenever you blow up TNT it causes extreme lag, so it could also cause other lag-related issues such as the server crashing.

Post by: KermitsBigToe - April 5th, 2015, 3:03:26 pm

[quote author=DaRetroGamer link=topic=2518.msg11154#msg11154 date=1428260157]
Griefing.

If we added this players would obviously abuse it. Second, whenever you blow up TNT it causes extreme lag, so it could also cause other lag-related issues such as the server crashing.
[/quote]

I have to agree, TNT causes a great deal of lag. Which is why I normally avoid everything with TNT near it.

( My opinions)
Also if you have a command for TNT to explode what happens if you add someone to your plot and they leave their computer and someone comes along and thinks it will be fun to blow it up? Etc.

Also you could be using it on your plot then when it explodes, it might destroy something you may not want it to destroy.

Post by: Akiraff - April 5th, 2015, 5:18:17 pm

[quote author=AzzaOwns link=topic=2518.msg11113#msg11113 date=1428223901]
i persoanally use creative as a tool to help me in the other servers but it has come to my attention that tnt dose not explode i am guessing this is just to stop grifing but can there please be a command to enable it on your plot as i like to make cannons

also i hope you dont take this as i want to tnt others plots i only want to tnt my plot to practice and have fun.
[/quote]
I got to agree with DaRetroGamer and SovietPickle.

1. Grief
Even if you use TNT, it is possible to grief in someone else plot. There is a bug which allows players use grief other peoples plot.

2. Lag
Explosions has entities. The more entities in the server, the more lag it will cause on the server.

I am sorry, but enabling or disabling the TNT explosions, would not be the best idea, since some people may be able to bug abuse and possibly use as an advantage to grief.

Akiraff
CubeBuilders Administrator

Post by: AzzaOwns - April 7th, 2015, 4:49:22 pm

now im scared lol why hasnt this bug been fixed?

Post by: AzzaOwns - April 7th, 2015, 4:50:15 pm

and wouldnt it be quite easy to allow a max tnt placement ? for the lag issue?

Post by: Akiraff - April 7th, 2015, 5:01:17 pm

[quote author=AzzaOwns link=topic=2518.msg11413#msg11413 date=1428439762]
now im scared lol why hasnt this bug been fixed?
[/quote]
The bug is in the plugin itself. And this is minor, since most of people just would disable the TNT explosions. Also limiting will still cause lag, some people would abuse it, into using them at redstone loop which will cause a huge lag.

Akiraff
CubeBuilders Administrator

Post by: AzzaOwns - April 7th, 2015, 5:08:15 pm

ok cool im sure guys have it under control anyway

Ok...
Post by: Asheiou - April 9th, 2015, 4:19:26 am

NO TNT!

Post by: TheRedLoyal - April 18th, 2015, 2:37:28 pm

adding TNT to the creative server is maybe the worst idea ever

Powered by SiggiForum. Copyright © 2018 Siggi.io. Use of this website, and the CubeBuilders game server subject to Terms of Service.  View our Privacy Policy.  CubeBuilders is neither endorsed nor affiliated with Mojang Synergies AB.  "Minecraft" is a trademark of Mojang Synergies AB.  Cookies are stored in your browser by this website for the purposes of improving your experience.  By accessing this website, you consent to the placing of cookies on your system. For information on Cookies, see our Cookies page.