Update the staff apps! and change where u spawn.

Update the staff apps! and change where u spawn.
Post by: ThunderHoof - March 13th, 2015, 6:45:04 pm

I have seen that that the required age is 14 to be staff,Why do we have to be judged by age? why not how mature we are?

Do you check ID cards? thats being a pedophile.

Also change where you spawn! when someone kills someone they go to there /f home

Witch is so freaking annoying, players kill people over and over and they cant even get to spawn.

Re: Update the staff apps! and change where u spawn.
Post by: BradmasterX - March 13th, 2015, 9:49:00 pm

I have to agree to the first "advice" but not the second.

Post by: vvanqu1sh - March 13th, 2015, 11:40:39 pm

Hehe, I agree with the first one a bit..for the second one, I betrayed Thunderhoof yesterday (sorry Thunder) by setting fire to his faction. I did a vintage beef but kept spawning in the lava, so my raid/betrayal didnt work. Lol!

Post by: EnderTheGreat - March 14th, 2015, 1:52:57 am

Id like to comment on the age requirements for staff. Ive made this argument many times, but here it is again.

we have many staff that are underage. Additionally, just because we are volunteers doesnt mean there isnt a level of maturity we require. We dont just need any volunteers, we need staff that are mature and responsible so that we may entrust them with responsibilities and commands. We want our staff to be pillars of the community, and to have the wisdom to deal with social situations with grace. They must also be able to communicate constantly with others over skype/phone. The reality is that unfortunately we have not found that many below the age of 14 have those traits, and those that do are often limited by the need to not reveal personal information and can not communicate effectively.

To put it simply, We simply dont find many people under the age requirements that have the traits we look for. For those that do, we try to make an exception.

Being younger has a lot of disadvantages. The majority of you that are underage list that you cant use Skype due to privacy reasons or parental orders. Staff must be able to use Skype. We use it almost constantly. Any candidate that cant use it has very little chance to be an effective staff member.

Post by: ThunderHoof - March 14th, 2015, 9:54:38 am

[quote author=EnderTheGreat link=topic=2161.msg9096#msg9096 date=1426312377]
Id like to comment on the age requirements for staff. Ive made this argument many times, but here it is again.

we have many staff that are underage. Additionally, just because we are volunteers doesnt mean there isnt a level of maturity we require. We dont just need any volunteers, we need staff that are mature and responsible so that we may entrust them with responsibilities and commands. We want our staff to be pillars of the community, and to have the wisdom to deal with social situations with grace. They must also be able to communicate constantly with others over skype/phone. The reality is that unfortunately we have not found that many below the age of 14 have those traits, and those that do are often limited by the need to not reveal personal information and can not communicate effectively.

To put it simply, We simply dont find many people under the age requirements that have the traits we look for. For those that do, we try to make an exception.

Being younger has a lot of disadvantages. The majority of you that are underage list that you cant use Skype due to privacy reasons or parental orders. Staff must be able to use Skype. We use it almost constantly. Any candidate that cant use it has very little chance to be an effective staff member.
[/quote]

So what about the ID card thing?

Post by: Akiraff - March 14th, 2015, 10:54:56 am

[quote author=Thunderhoof link=topic=2161.msg9072#msg9072 date=1426286704]
I have seen that that the required age is 14 to be staff,Why do we have to be judged by age? why not how mature we are?
[/quote]
There was no age requirements when CubeBuilders first started. Siggi has made an age restriction, once we started to get more players in the server.

The reason why we implemented an age restriction, is due a correlation that Siggi started to notice. Most of younger staff members, tend to abuse their staff powers, which resulted of age restriction. Most of our previous staff members has been demoted or banned, due to their immaturity acts that been done to the server. There been a further discussion about incrementing our age restriction. Where there still been a strong correlation, where a lot of young staffs tend to abuse their powers or simply act immature towards the server. Thereby we incremented one year, fourteen (14) being the minimum requirements in becoming a staff.

Do we check ID?
- Personally we do not check ID. As EnderTheGreat commented, we tend to check staff members traits towards the server, and how they act or react towards different scenarios.

- Pedophile? Excuse me, but let me elaborate this since you misunderstand the definition of it. Let’s begin with definition of pedophile.

Pedophile (noun): an adult who is sexually attracted to young children.
Refer to Dictionary.com

Before on your act, calling our staff members a pedophile you should thought it twice; which I am deeply offended by false accusation you are giving towards the community. I sense the frustration within you ThunderHoof, and I am aware that you are working beyond the expectations to become a staff member. However we don’t tolerate false accusations and expressing false image of CubeBuilders. We do not check ID only EXCEPTIONAL cases where we have issues with members’ age and need to be verified, ensure they meet the minimum requirements. We need to verify the age of person and ensure it is legitimate, because we do not withhold any responsibilities towards your actions being done while you’re surfing on internet.

I have compiled some statistics:

Minimum age requirement to be a Moderator (higher position): seventeen (17) years old.

Minimum requirement to be a Watcher: fourteen (14) years old.

Average age of Staff Team:

Most of our Staff Members by law in Hong Kong you are considered a legal adult when you complete eighteen (18) years old. Some countries, such as United States of America is required to be twenty-one (21) years old. Therefore most of our Staff Members are still underage, by the Law of Hong Kong (which CubeBuilders was originated) and by United States of America. Which contradicts your point.

Back to my point, our staffs has no sexual desires towards other staff members AND it is a serious offense in CubeBuilders that will lead to permanent ban and removal from staff team. All the information from Staff Application is used confidentially towards improving our Staff Team.

Akiraff
          CubeBuilders Administrator
          Post by: ThunderHoof - March 14th, 2015, 1:55:14 pm

[quote author=??? link=topic=2161.msg9109#msg9109 date=1426344896]
          [quote author=Thunderhoof link=topic=2161.msg9072#msg9072 date=1426286704]
          [/quote]
          There was no age requirements when CubeBuilders first started. Siggi has made an age restriction, once we started to get more players in the server.

The reason why we implemented an age restriction, is due a correlation that Siggi started to notice. Most of younger staff members, tend to abuse their staff powers, which resulted of age restriction. Most of our previous staff members has been demoted or banned, due to their immaturity acts that been done to the server. There been a further discussion about incrementing our age restriction. Where there still been a strong correlation, where a lot of young staffs tend to abuse their powers or simply act immature towards the server. Thereby we incremented one year, fourteen (14) being the minimum requirements in becoming a staff.

Do we check ID?
          - Personally we do not check ID. As EnderTheGreat commented, we tend to check staff members traits towards the server, and how they act or react towards different scenarios.

- Pedophile? Excuse me, but let me elaborate this since you misunderstand the definition of it. Let’s begin with definition of pedophile.

Pedophile (noun): an adult who is sexually attracted to young children.
          Refer to Dictionary.com

Before on your act, calling our staff members a pedophile you should thought it twice; which I am deeply offended by false accusation you are giving towards the community. I sense the frustration within you ThunderHoof, and I am aware that you are working beyond the expectations to become a staff member. However we don’t tolerate false accusations and expressing false image of CubeBuilders. We do not check ID only EXCEPTIONAL cases where we have issues with members’ age and need to be verified, ensure they meet the minimum requirements. We need to verify the age of person and ensure it is legitimate, because we do not withhold any responsibilities towards your actions being done while you’re surfing on internet.

I have compiled some statistics:

Minimum age requirement to be a Moderator (higher position): seventeen (17) years old.

Minimum requirement to be a Watcher: fourteen (14) years old.

Average age of Staff Team:

Most of our Staff Members by law in Hong Kong you are considered a legal adult when you complete eighteen (18) years old. Some countries, such as United States of America is required to be twenty-one (21) years old. Therefore most of our Staff Members are still underage, by the Law of Hong Kong (which CubeBuilders was originated) and by United States of America. Which contradicts your point.

Back to my point, our staffs has no sexual desires towards other staff members AND it is a serious offense in CubeBuilders that will lead to permanent ban and removal from staff team. All the information from Staff Application is used confidentially towards improving our Staff Team.

Akiraff
                  CubeBuilders Administrator
                  [/quote]

Im not accusing anyone (if you think i did im sorry)

I didnt mean to offend anyone.

And what do you mean by "beyond the expectations"
                  Post by: Karow - March 14th, 2015, 3:41:18 pm

Well we are kind of taken aback by your accusation that asking for ID or age is "pedophile", which the word itself is not used in a correct manner. While I understand you are trying to get information about as to why we have an age restriction, think about it this way:

In every day life, there is age restrictions in everything, in a way to prevent bad things from happening. This is why you are only allowed to drive a car at age 16 (with a special license), or why you are not able to smoke when you are age 18, or that you are not allowed to buy and drink alcohol until age 21. OR that you are not allowed to work until you are 18, and under a special license, you are able to work at 16. These age restrictions are not meant to prevent you from ever doing any of these things, but rather to merely delay the time at which you are able to do certain things. Age restrictions are meant to prevent you from allowing you to drive at five years old... why? Because you still have not developed the mental capabilities to take on such tasks.

We have similar age restrictions on the server in which we require our staff to be. This also has to do with the mental capabilities in which havent been quite developed yet at such age. Imagine if we let the server be run by five year olds. It wouldnt last that long. When you grow a little bit older, by all means you may apply for staff, but until then we are enforcing the age restrictions. Look at it from my point of view: I am 23 years old, and I would much rather be working with a 14 year old than a 10 year old. The maturity levels between the two ages are very different almost all of the time. Siggi allows special exceptions sometimes. However, it has always been hard to get into staff if you are underage. We do make exceptions every blue moon. However, we are not desperately looking for staff at the moment, so we are only looking for people who are of age.

I hope this clarified some things. Cheers and thanks for asking this valid question. See you on the server! ;D

Post by: ThunderHoof - March 14th, 2015, 4:48:36 pm

Thanks for replying i got the answer locking topic.

Powered by SiggiForum. Copyright © 2018 Siggi.io. Use of this website, and the CubeBuilders game server subject to Terms of Service.  View our Privacy Policy.  CubeBuilders is neither endorsed nor affiliated with Mojang Synergies AB.  "Minecraft" is a trademark of Mojang Synergies AB.  Cookies are stored in your browser by this website for the purposes of improving your experience.  By accessing this website, you consent to the placing of cookies on your system. For information on Cookies, see our Cookies page.