Proposition: Less Night, More Day

Proposition: Less Night, More Day
Post by: Jerio - October 30th, 2014, 11:30:10 pm

Hey guys,
Ive noticed that its night-time most of the time that I play. Im not sure if it is supposed to be that way for a certain reason, but I find it easier to build in the daytime.

There is a simple solution to this, one which requires a daylight sensor, a command block, and a few chips of redstone.
The daylight-sensor is hooked up to an inverter. When the daylight sensor is powered, it will power an inverter. This means there will be no power sent to the command block, which holds the code to set the world to day time. When there is no light, the daylight sensor will stop giving power to the inverter, which means power will be sent to the command block. In a sense, this will tell the world to turn to daytime. After that, the light from the now day-time sun will power will turn off the inverter and the command block.

Why not just power the command block the entire time?
Well, I would like to have some change, maybe dusk to dawn depending on how this set up is built. Essentially, it could be used for weather related things too, though I am not sure how you would be able to detect this. Do hoppers collect rain? Let me know if this is still unclear, or if the subject has already been brought up and discussed.

Just an idea,
Jerry.

Re: Proposition: Less Night, More Day
Post by: Karow - October 31st, 2014, 2:17:04 am

Thank you for your concerns! There are several issues with accelerating the time to only daytime: it gives the user a lack of time, and frankly makes this game far too easy! If youre talking about factions, there is work-arounds: we have made it so that if everyone is asleep on a bed, it will turn to day. However! Staff members do not count in this!
An alternative: We could make it so that its local to the area that youre trying to make it turn to a certain time. [Possibly how it is in the real world, how its morning and its night in opposite sides of the world!] This way, we can make it so that if YOU and the people that are somewhat nearby want it to day, they can all sleep! It is less hassle this way. Perhaps we could implement it that way. (In facs and skyblock)

The other thing is: if youre thinking about building, and youre actually thinking about creative, we already have a solution! You can use the command /p time day or /ptime day (I forget). This allows you and you alone to be able to change the time of day to your side of the client. If you would like it to only be day, this is a great solution thats already in the server in creative!

So, with that said, what do you think about my idea? Overall, I like your idea! Thank you for this suggestion!

Post by: Jerio - October 31st, 2014, 11:57:45 am

I was talking about Creative, so thank you for telling me about the command!

Have a great day, Jerry.

Post by: Jerio - October 31st, 2014, 12:35:18 pm

Could there maybe be an announcement every hour or so for new people?

[CubeBuilders]: Tired of the night? Type /ptime day for light!

Could be another Member-only perk.

Post by: Karow - October 31st, 2014, 7:01:25 pm

Great idea! I let Mr Server Owner Siggi88 know about it. Thanks for the suggestions! :D

Post by: MystrikMC - November 21st, 2014, 7:33:33 pm

Cool suggestion, bro

Powered by SiggiForum. Copyright © 2018 Siggi.io. Use of this website, and the CubeBuilders game server subject to Terms of Service.  View our Privacy Policy.  CubeBuilders is neither endorsed nor affiliated with Mojang Synergies AB.  "Minecraft" is a trademark of Mojang Synergies AB.  Cookies are stored in your browser by this website for the purposes of improving your experience.  By accessing this website, you consent to the placing of cookies on your system. For information on Cookies, see our Cookies page.