Raided (Again)

Raided (Again)
Post by: EdenWasTaken - April 29th, 2015, 8:20:41 pm

Hey guys, long time no talk. Just wanted to take this opportunity to inform you all that my faction (TheHeartless) was raided again. We dont know how they got in, most likely broke in because we had unclaimed areas (Lost power when members left). Anyways, we have moved bases and I would like to say that there are 20+ stacks of obsidian left in the area we last called home. Youre all welcome to mine it for yourselves! :D

See you in-game!

Re: Raided (Again)
Post by: SkyrunPvP - May 2nd, 2015, 7:30:11 am

Oh no want me to help you by giving you tips of how you can make your base VERY safe ? Well Im going too.

Thats a question oft-asked here on the Minecraft Forums. Theres many, many threads with people asking what they should put into their base, to make it more awesome. So heres a comprehensive list of things to remember when building your base, and what things you should have in your base. I realize there are other threads like this, chiefly the one started by user A Blind Moron, but this one is even longer and more detailed than most others.

If you have ever spent enough time painstakingly building a base you are proud of in Factions, then you have probably felt the cold sting of loss that accompanies your final moments as the world is viciously ripped apart around you. The monstrosities of Minecraft all have their individual quirks, making defending against all of them a tall task. Building a defensible base is the most vital step you can take towards surviving in such a harsh world.

Have you ever had your door torn down by a Faction? They let all the other baddies in with them! By following these incredible base building tips for Minecraft, youll never have to worry about finding another Human in your home again.

Before you begin building your base, it is important to consider where to make it. Digging into the side of a mountain may sound like a good idea and all, but the shadow of that mountain could harbour untold dangers that catch you unaware. Building on top of a mountain would be nice and safe, but you would have to climb up and down every time you wanted to accomplish something away from home.

When looking for a place to settle down, it is a good idea to search for wide-open areas, like:
•Under The ocean
2. Completely Under ground
3. In a Mountain

If there are trees near where you want to build, cut them all down. Living under the shade of anything only increases your chances of being blindsided when leaving your house. Bring out the sun and let it burn away the remnants of that night-time partying!
Underground

It is also not a bad idea to settle down near the edge of a few biomes if you can help it, though it is not as important as finding a defensible position. There are a few places that are important to avoid when building your base:
•Dense Forests
•Under a Mountain
•Under Huge Natural Structures
•Anywhere with excessive amounts of shade

As tempting as wood is for building in Minecraft, it should never be used as the main material for your home. This may seem like a no-brainer if you are playing on an SMP server with other people, but there are plenty of natural dangers in the world that wont hesitate to destroy all of your efforts if they can find a point of weakness.

Obsidian is an excellent base material to use early on, despite being rather ugly. It will not catch on fire when lightning decides to strike your home, and Creepers will have a hard time trying to blast it away. Double the walls up for extra blast protection!

Also, another tip, although it sounds corny, is to never give up. Desigining a home can be very, very frustrating. Working with redstone can be even more so. If one of your creations doesnt work, or is blown up by a creeper, and you feel yourself about to all-out rage, throwing your keyboard across the room at your basket of X-Box shaped donuts on top of your cat (wat?) then take a break from Minecraft! Give yourself some time to calm down, and then come back to building whatever you were building when youre calmer. If you keep building in your enraged state, without taking a break, youll probably just mess up more stuff, and rage even more.

Dont be afraid to come to the forums for help on your base! If you post a topic asking for help designing something or thinking up ideas, sure, there will be plenty of people that say things like "You must be new here" and call you a noob. But there are a good number of polite people on the forums that will help you out. Just ignore the mean people. And, if you see a thread like this, spread the love and help that person out. Dont be rude to other people! What goes around, comes around.

Although this isnt really a tip (its just common sense), you need to love what youre doing. You cant build an epic base unless youre in the mood and you want to. I find, personally, that some days, Im more keen on playing Minecraft than others. Wait to play Minecraft until a day you really want to, and build something then. I guarantee, it will be really awesome. Also, if you start a project in Minecraft and find you just dont love building it anymore, take a break from it! Chances are, youll come back to the project later with renewed vigor, after youve thought up some good ideas about what to build.

Over all, have fun with it! Minecraft is a game, and is therefore supposed to be fun. Stop doing something if you arent having fun with it, and dont start something if it seems like a chore and not play. Dont create a complex base with lots of redstone unless you actually like making redstone circuitry. But feel free to try new things! New things often lead to fun new experiences.

Anyway, youre awesome if you read through all these tips. I doubt anyone will, because my writing style isnt particularly entertaining, but I hope you gleaned at least a bit of knowledge from this thread. I appreciate your reading it!

Post by: Asheiou - May 2nd, 2015, 7:32:35 am

[quote author=Skyrun02 link=topic=2886.msg13706#msg13706 date=1430566211]
Oh no want me to help you by giving you tips of how you can make your base VERY safe ? Well Im going too.

Thats a question oft-asked here on the Minecraft Forums. Theres many, many threads with people asking what they should put into their base, to make it more awesome. So heres a comprehensive list of things to remember when building your base, and what things you should have in your base. I realize there are other threads like this, chiefly the one started by user A Blind Moron, but this one is even longer and more detailed than most others.

If you have ever spent enough time painstakingly building a base you are proud of in Factions, then you have probably felt the cold sting of loss that accompanies your final moments as the world is viciously ripped apart around you. The monstrosities of Minecraft all have their individual quirks, making defending against all of them a tall task. Building a defensible base is the most vital step you can take towards surviving in such a harsh world.

Have you ever had your door torn down by a Faction? They let all the other baddies in with them! By following these incredible base building tips for Minecraft, youll never have to worry about finding another Human in your home again.

Before you begin building your base, it is important to consider where to make it. Digging into the side of a mountain may sound like a good idea and all, but the shadow of that mountain could harbour untold dangers that catch you unaware. Building on top of a mountain would be nice and safe, but you would have to climb up and down every time you wanted to accomplish something away from home.

When looking for a place to settle down, it is a good idea to search for wide-open areas, like:
•Under The ocean
3. In a Mountain

If there are trees near where you want to build, cut them all down. Living under the shade of anything only increases your chances of being blindsided when leaving your house. Bring out the sun and let it burn away the remnants of that night-time partying!
Underground

It is also not a bad idea to settle down near the edge of a few biomes if you can help it, though it is not as important as finding a defensible position. There are a few places that are important to avoid when building your base:
•Dense Forests
•Under a Mountain

As tempting as wood is for building in Minecraft, it should never be used as the main material for your home. This may seem like a no-brainer if you are playing on an SMP server with other people, but there are plenty of natural dangers in the world that wont hesitate to destroy all of your efforts if they can find a point of weakness.

Obsidian is an excellent base material to use early on, despite being rather ugly. It will not catch on fire when lightning decides to strike your home, and Creepers will have a hard time trying to blast it away. Double the walls up for extra blast protection!

Also, another tip, although it sounds corny, is to never give up. Desigining a home can be very, very frustrating. Working with redstone can be even more so. If one of your creations doesnt work, or is blown up by a creeper, and you feel yourself about to all-out rage, throwing your keyboard across the room at your basket of X-Box shaped donuts on top of your cat (wat?) then take a break from Minecraft! Give yourself some time to calm down, and then come back to building whatever you were building when youre calmer. If you keep building in your enraged state, without taking a break, youll probably just mess up more stuff, and rage even more.

Dont be afraid to come to the forums for help on your base! If you post a topic asking for help designing something or thinking up ideas, sure, there will be plenty of people that say things like "You must be new here" and call you a noob. But there are a good number of polite people on the forums that will help you out. Just ignore the mean people. And, if you see a thread like this, spread the love and help that person out. Dont be rude to other people! What goes around, comes around.

Although this isnt really a tip (its just common sense), you need to love what youre doing. You cant build an epic base unless youre in the mood and you want to. I find, personally, that some days, Im more keen on playing Minecraft than others. Wait to play Minecraft until a day you really want to, and build something then. I guarantee, it will be really awesome. Also, if you start a project in Minecraft and find you just dont love building it anymore, take a break from it! Chances are, youll come back to the project later with renewed vigor, after youve thought up some good ideas about what to build.

Over all, have fun with it! Minecraft is a game, and is therefore supposed to be fun. Stop doing something if you arent having fun with it, and dont start something if it seems like a chore and not play. Dont create a complex base with lots of redstone unless you actually like making redstone circuitry. But feel free to try new things! New things often lead to fun new experiences.

Anyway, youre awesome if you read through all these tips. I doubt anyone will, because my writing style isnt particularly entertaining, but I hope you gleaned at least a bit of knowledge from this thread. I appreciate your reading it!

[/quote]
I will use this to rebuild my base!
Post by: EdenWasTaken - May 2nd, 2015, 4:30:09 pm

[quote author=Skyrun02 link=topic=2886.msg13706#msg13706 date=1430566211]

•Under The ocean
3. In a Mountain

Underground

•Dense Forests
•Under a Mountain

[/quote]

I appreciate the tips, Sky! ^_^ I just decided that we should move our base because people saved the coordinates.
Powered by SiggiForum. Copyright © 2018 Siggi.io. Use of this website, and the CubeBuilders game server subject to Terms of Service.  View our Privacy Policy.  CubeBuilders is neither endorsed nor affiliated with Mojang Synergies AB.  "Minecraft" is a trademark of Mojang Synergies AB.  Cookies are stored in your browser by this website for the purposes of improving your experience.  By accessing this website, you consent to the placing of cookies on your system. For information on Cookies, see our Cookies page.