Donator Ranks

Donator Ranks
Post by: SuperNova50 - March 1st, 2015, 5:32:10 pm

Hello, I am giving out one of my many ideas on how to improve the CubeBuilders experience for others and myself. I thought of a great way to get Donator ranks. The way it will work (if my idea is used) is that you can work for donator or by trading in CubeTokens or Factions cash to buy a rank. This helps to avoid credit card problems with hacking/false credit card numbers/Identity Theft (which my father recently had an issue with). The Prices will be below.
Iron: 15,000 Factions cash/ or 1,000 CubeTokens.
Gold: 20,000 Factions Cash/ or 2,000 CubeTokens.
Diamond: 30,000 Factions Cash/ or 5,000 CubeTokens.
Emerald: 200,000 Factions Cash/ or 20,000 CubeTokens.

(Note: Prices can be changed to the staffs likings these are temporary prices that can be changed)

Re: Donator Ranks
Post by: SuperNova50 - March 1st, 2015, 5:35:41 pm

Please reply if you like the ideas or have any ideas of your own.

Post by: slimestein - March 1st, 2015, 5:36:16 pm

You know having a server online isnt the chepest thing and this would make siggi unable to get money back from what it costs to have the server.
If this would become a thing(even though i highly doubt it) iron rank would proboably have to cost atleast 100k proabably more.

?slem

Post by: SuperNova50 - March 1st, 2015, 5:38:29 pm

If you read the bottom you will see that these arent set prices (not trying to be rude, if i seem rude i am not trying to be rude sometimes it just comes out that way.)

Post by: SuperNova50 - March 1st, 2015, 5:47:02 pm

Just added a poll, you can vote on whether it was a good idea or not. ;)

Post by: EnderTheGreat - March 1st, 2015, 6:05:33 pm

Im afraid I have to agree with Slimestein. The contributions from donors are the lifeblood of this server. We require them to keep operational. Advertisements alone dont give us nearly anything. As such, CubeBuilders relies almost entirely on donations. In fact, all of the work we do comes at zero profit for us. None of the staff are paid, and are all volunteers.

The watchers are required to give at least an hour a day, whilst the higher tier staff such as Livetabon and I give roughly 50+ hours per week to keep this place going. To put that into perspective, a full time job is considered 40 hours a week. Livetabon, Karow, Akira and I all have real world jobs as well, some of us having to put nearly the same amount of time in to both. Thats not even considering education as all of us are university students or equivalent.

Essentially my point is, were looking for alternate ways of generating income. Youtube channels, Gaming Networks, New in-game purchasable items, maybe even a legit store with our own merch, but to do that and keep the servers going with an ever growing population requires financing. That all starts by and because of donations. Without that, the server you know and love wouldnt exist.

If anyone has any problem with credit cards, there are even prepaid cards you may buy at virtually all grocery stores that can be used on Paypal. No personal info required.

Post by: SuperNova50 - March 1st, 2015, 6:27:31 pm

Ok, ender, but if everybody here are volunteers, and dont get paid, then why cant 13 year olds be staff?

Post by: EnderTheGreat - March 1st, 2015, 6:35:13 pm

Pretty simple reasoning, we have many staff that are underage. Additionally, just because we are volunteers doesnt mean there isnt a level of maturity we require. We dont just need any volunteers, we need staff that are mature and responsible so that we may entrust them with responsibilities and commands. We want our staff to be pillars of the community, and to have the wisdom to deal with social situations with grace. They must also be able to communicate constantly with others over skype/phone. The reality is that unfortunately we have not found that many below the age of 14 have those traits, and those that do are often limited by the need to not reveal personal information and can not communicate effectively.

Post by: Akiraff - March 1st, 2015, 8:34:19 pm

[quote author=EnderTheGreat link=topic=2012.msg8290#msg8290 date=1425252913]
Pretty simple reasoning, we have many staff that are underage. Additionally, just because we are volunteers doesnt mean there isnt a level of maturity we require. We dont just need any volunteers, we need staff that are mature and responsible so that we may entrust them with responsibilities and commands. We want our staff to be pillars of the community, and to have the wisdom to deal with social situations with grace. They must also be able to communicate constantly with others over skype/phone. The reality is that unfortunately we have not found that many below the age of 14 have those traits, and those that do are often limited by the need to not reveal personal information and can not communicate effectively.
[/quote]

As EnderTheGreat has elaborated in replying your post. As you may know SuperNova50, I have been contributing as staff member for over an year and never was paid a single cent. And the reason being is that I voluteer my spare time to play CubeBuilders. Most of servers add micro-transactions to support the expenses (In such Slimestein and EnderTheGreat has mentioned).

In addition, the probability of getting your credit card identity stolen is very minimal. To ensure the safety and security on purchasing something virtual. Always ensure to keep up-to-date your antivirus and always use on-screen keyboard when typing out your credentials at computer, in this way you could minimize the risk of your credentials being stolen.

Akiraff
CubeBuilders Administrator

Post by: SuperNova50 - March 3rd, 2015, 5:03:59 pm

Well I just want to say in my defense I was just throwing some ideas out, so yeah.

Powered by SiggiForum. Copyright © 2018 Siggi.io. Use of this website, and the CubeBuilders game server subject to Terms of Service.  View our Privacy Policy.  CubeBuilders is neither endorsed nor affiliated with Mojang Synergies AB.  "Minecraft" is a trademark of Mojang Synergies AB.  Cookies are stored in your browser by this website for the purposes of improving your experience.  By accessing this website, you consent to the placing of cookies on your system. For information on Cookies, see our Cookies page.