The Definition of swearing

The Definition of swearing
Post by: AzzaOwns - February 26th, 2015, 8:01:27 pm

im very confused and im sure others are too, if a word is not blocked in chat, too me its not swearing , but to some staff they think it is and have muted me befor. example "freaking" its not blocked but some staff dont like it ? so what classify as swearing ? maybe put up a list of swear words for people who want too see what ones are not allowed?

Re: The Definition of swearing
Post by: latinoburrito - February 26th, 2015, 8:07:05 pm

Well I think its pretty obvious about the ones that shouldnt be allowed.. But I see what you mean. If I say "crap" and "flubbernuggets" I wouldnt want to be muted.

Post by: Livetabon - February 26th, 2015, 8:09:58 pm

Keep in mind some of the staff are new and may be unsure if "crap" "lord" "damn" or "freaking!" are swears!

If you are ever muted because of a word you think is unjust. Then please contact us in offense appeals immediately we will contact the staff member and correct them, and unlift your mute (if it is still there.) :)

Thanks!

~Liv

Post by: EnderTheGreat - February 26th, 2015, 9:26:17 pm

To clarify, a mutable offense is characterized by the following:

1) excessive spam

2) offensive language

-anything that is a direct form of swearing
-anything that is censored by the chat filter
-anything that is an attempt to bypass the chat filter
-sexual harassment
-standard harassment
-rude or disrespectful comments targeted at players
-similar comments towards staff

3) advertising

- will result in a permanent mute followed by a permanent ban

4) Threatening the server in terms of DDOS or other attack result in a pmute/pban

Please note that some phrases may be deemed offensive despite not meeting this criteria. Punishments are subject to the digression of staff and may be reviewed.

additional notes: certain phrases that may be considered benign may be mutable offenses if they are targeting a player.

example: "Skyblocks is dumb is fine", however "Player123 is dumb" may be considered being rude/disrespectful

Phrases such as "freaking" are not considered swearing, but phrases such as "porkchop" or "stfu" may be considered offensive, especially if targeted towards another player.

Powered by SiggiForum. Copyright © 2018 Siggi.io. Use of this website, and the CubeBuilders game server subject to Terms of Service.  View our Privacy Policy.  CubeBuilders is neither endorsed nor affiliated with Mojang Synergies AB.  "Minecraft" is a trademark of Mojang Synergies AB.  Cookies are stored in your browser by this website for the purposes of improving your experience.  By accessing this website, you consent to the placing of cookies on your system. For information on Cookies, see our Cookies page.