Something people should understand...

Post by: androosu - April 30th, 2017, 6:02:29 am

before u click away thinking, "oh she's too dramatic," just here me out. I think staff is overrated. I can alrdy see a hundred people clicking away...

"Do not impersonate staff members on CubeBuilders." Direct quote from the rules. You cant change your name similar or to and old staff members name. So I could change my name to ANY OTHER MEMBERS NAME AND IMPERSONATE THEM? Staff: "No, that is banned." Me: "It aint in the rules soooooo no." Helpers, if you didn't know, don't have any more of ranks then members. Unless they donated. Staff members have to donate. Which is why, I think they are overrated. Some people know about the entire rank thing, but staff members usually take over everything. My friend told me a story about staff members wrongly accusing people. No that doesn't happen here, but it shows that staff members can literally take over. Because of their popularity. Unless your under a rock, staff members are to help. Helpers only can mute people and a couple of other things (I think) that set them apart. So why are they that cool?

About that rule. What if someone comes on with the name Siggi98? Because someone took Siggi88? I am saying, it isn't that guys fault. Now, what i'm saying, is that if I came on with the name BrandonnPikachuuuu, no one would care. That is 2 letter difference from my brother's name. I could completely impersonate any member and get away with it. Now, that's a different story for staff. What could I do? Threaten people? "Do not threaten to cause harm to anyone" Yes that is a rule, but I doubt anyone would do that? What could I do? Tell someone I'm staff and to stop spamming? WOOOOWWW SO BAD OF ME!!

Please don't overrate people by rank is what I'm saying. "Do not discriminate by the colour of other player's skin, their race, where they live, their sex, or their age. Remember, other players have feelings too, just like you." Add rank to that list, and it would be the number 1 rule.

Re:Something people should understand...
Post by: MNM1O1 - May 11th, 2017, 7:55:33 pm

It's mostly because players look up to staff and some staff abuse there powers (I'm not implying any of CB's staff do that right now but they definitely did in the past), which causeed some really stupid stuff in the past like players bullying someone for daring to disagree with the popular kids or staff setting up a dishonest situation about a player they don't like. I think if a staff is immature about a situation and uses their popularity against a player they should be instantly demoted for their behavior, same for players that are just popular, people with this sort of power can influence a lot of people who don't know better and they need to be ready for that kind of responsibility. (for example, famous youtubers have ruined people's lives, businesses have struck down channels for "copyright", the main stream media has nearly destroyed some nations, and the same can be said for government officials.)

Post by: GalacticCosmos - May 15th, 2017, 4:23:44 pm

I completely agree with MNM101 about staff abusing their powers, but going back to your statement on copying names of other members, although it's not in the rules (yet) copying other members names just isn't cool. The reason copying the name of a staff member is against the rules is because younger players or players who do not have a careful eye may think that the staff member was demoted, but still has some power over other players.

Sorry about the bad explanation but I hope it helps.

~Craig
~GalacticCosmos

Post by: androosu - May 20th, 2017, 6:04:03 am

[quote=GalacticCosmos]The reason copying the name of a staff member is against the rules is because younger players or players who do not have a careful eye may think that the staff member was demoted, but still has some power over other players.
[/quote]

OK i understand younger kids because they don't normally read rules but i have seen "popular kids" or staff members change their nickname close to someone's name. Working on this server people should actually read the rules. Speaking of "popular" kids, why should someone be more popular. I understand people being more know or is retired staff they still shouldn't be called popular, but just because you have a rank I don't see you any different. And no one should. Personally i think ranks shouldn't even show up. WOOOOWW you donated your own money to a random server that you play on that is sooooo cool. Now move on from that fact.

I'm not sitting here fighting for some dumb reason against some people that don't understand. Not specifically calling out you but you more than likely see people by ranks.

Post by: Treadway046795 - May 20th, 2017, 6:58:51 am

I agree I have not played this server very long but I can see where you are coming from gabby people on this server really pick favorites, and really tho I don't think ever older kids read the rules lol but I agree about the staff thing if you are a staff member you should at least know the basics of rules. Lol

-See ya later

Post by: Treadway046795 - May 20th, 2017, 7:08:39 am

Also the last thing about the gender/sex of a player, not only boys play video games and I know this is a big thing online and lots of people are annoyed about it not just me. You are not just talking to a computer it is another human that you are talking to just the same on every thing else just as I said on my intro of myself you don't know what some people go through.

-See ya later<3

Post by: NekoTiffy - May 31st, 2017, 12:32:21 am

[quote=xArrowGabby][quote=GalacticCosmos]The reason copying the name of a staff member is against the rules is because younger players or players who do not have a careful eye may think that the staff member was demoted, but still has some power over other players.
[/quote]

OK i understand younger kids because they don't normally read rules but i have seen "popular kids" or staff members change their nickname close to someone's name. Working on this server people should actually read the rules. Speaking of "popular" kids, why should someone be more popular. I understand people being more know or is retired staff they still shouldn't be called popular, but just because you have a rank I don't see you any different. And no one should. Personally i think ranks shouldn't even show up. WOOOOWW you donated your own money to a random server that you play on that is sooooo cool. Now move on from that fact.

I'm not sitting here fighting for some dumb reason against some people that don't understand. Not specifically calling out you but you more than likely see people by ranks.[/quote]

Okay I can see where this may be pointed and I can tell the stress that's in this. Yes donated players are noticed more due to Color of their gamer tag on chat and yes that shouldn't mean that donated players should be more popular than normal members or guests, but at least try and respect that the donated players (most of them, if they don't then you can just call me on and I'll probably give them a bit of hell or you could find a staff member) are also trying to be as nice as possible and are being respectful to the different types of ranked people. Donated players are just the same as members and guests, noticed more or not you can be noticed just as much as a donated player if you are a guest. Believe me, I've done it, and it's pretty fun. Also, as a note, not all donated members want the rank to be "popular," it is mainly for the w/e and for having a bit more fun with heads and accessories on the server.

As to the impersonating a member of the community or staff member people do that sometimes just to have a bit of fun but they should switch their nickname or gamer tag(if they went that far) back to their original known nickname (such as mine: Tiffany) or their original gamer tag. If they did change their gamer tag to SOMEHOW(normally you can't, but you know _ and no _, pretty much close enough to copying) match another players gamer tag then yes, they should change it once their 30 day wait is over.

Staff members,
Staff members do sometimes abuse powers but sometimes it's not intentional and if they do, they really shouldn't be. It's straight forward so I don't believe I need to explain anymore then said.

:D I apologize if this was a little late

Post by: androosu - May 31st, 2017, 9:56:03 am

[quote=identSTtify][quote=xArrowGabby][quote=GalacticCosmos]The reason copying the name of a staff member is against the rules is because younger players or players who do not have a careful eye may think that the staff member was demoted, but still has some power over other players.
[/quote]

I'm not sitting here fighting for some dumb reason against some people that don't understand. Not specifically calling out you but you more than likely see people by ranks.[/quote]

Okay I can see where this may be pointed and I can tell the stress that's in this. Yes donated players are noticed more due to Color of their gamer tag on chat and yes that shouldn't mean that donated players should be more popular than normal members or guests, but at least try and respect that the donated players (most of them, if they don't then you can just call me on and I'll probably give them a bit of hell or you could find a staff member) are also trying to be as nice as possible and are being respectful to the different types of ranked people. Donated players are just the same as members and guests, noticed more or not you can be noticed just as much as a donated player if you are a guest. Believe me, I've done it, and it's pretty fun. Also, as a note, not all donated members want the rank to be "popular," it is mainly for the w/e and for having a bit more fun with heads and accessories on the server.

As to the impersonating a member of the community or staff member people do that sometimes just to have a bit of fun but they should switch their nickname or gamer tag(if they went that far) back to their original known nickname (such as mine: Tiffany) or their original gamer tag. If they did change their gamer tag to SOMEHOW(normally you can't, but you know _ and no _, pretty much close enough to copying) match another players gamer tag then yes, they should change it once their 30 day wait is over.

Staff members,
Staff members do sometimes abuse powers but sometimes it's not intentional and if they do, they really shouldn't be. It's straight forward so I don't believe I need to explain anymore then said.

:D I apologize if this was a little late [/quote]

I'm sorry but... my little 12 (almost 13) year old brain does not understand? If a staff member banned someone for no reason I think that is intentional. That is normally what happens. I can understand if someone tells them the member did something and that person was trusted but they lied. Also you dont have to wait 30 days to change a nickname. Yes some members donate for w/e and faction kits, and I know most people dont go and think "hey imma donate like $80 to this server so these 8-11 year olds think im super cool dude and then i will be cool and get soooooooooo many friends bcuz im lonely," no only i think that and then i remember i dont have $80. but there should never be a time when it is ok for people to impersonate others. and i think people need to get that. imma be real honest bcuz hoensty is good(???) and yes i know "Do not complain about our rules" and stuff but i live in 'merica and i have rights even though the owner lives in canada... but i only understand 12 out of 19 rules. and yes that is the majority but most are rules on every server. dont spam, grief, bad language, advertise, you know the basics. so i am not going to name the rest for obvious reasons (rule 19) but just think. seatbelts save a lot of lives.

p.s. i am finna complain about rules because that is what half of this entire post is

Post by: Dooplu - June 2nd, 2017, 5:53:57 pm

You don't want to complain about the rules, i did the same a long time ago which resulted in my temp-ban, but i still managed to get my appeal accepted. Take my advice you don't want to go down this road.

Post by: androosu - June 4th, 2017, 9:32:49 am

[quote=Lord_Of_Dubstep]You don't want to complain about the rules, i did the same a long time ago which resulted in my temp-ban, but i still managed to get my appeal accepted. Take my advice you don't want to go down this road.[/quote]

I have thought about it. I have no interest in rules. As long as they dont't get too stupid or if they get in my way of my building they are fine. I don't really think about advertising when I build pixel art i think up 1 over 2 and so on.

Powered by SiggiForum. Copyright © 2018 Siggi.io. Use of this website, and the CubeBuilders game server subject to Terms of Service.  View our Privacy Policy.  CubeBuilders is neither endorsed nor affiliated with Mojang Synergies AB.  "Minecraft" is a trademark of Mojang Synergies AB.  Cookies are stored in your browser by this website for the purposes of improving your experience.  By accessing this website, you consent to the placing of cookies on your system. For information on Cookies, see our Cookies page.