Re: An extremely hard riddle
Post by: StativeSpencer - August 21st, 2015, 10:24:58 pm

[quote author=patman96 link=topic=4443.msg23232#msg23232 date=1440210250]
They all talk because the third one actually said "nothing"
[/quote]
Close but one doesnt talk

Post by: Yvetal123 - August 21st, 2015, 11:17:54 pm

AHA when the three men enter the house there was another man in the house before they entered. given the clue of that the 2 of the men say hi in meaning therefore talking to another person and the third person says "nothing". So the person that the three men talked to is the person that doesnt talk.

Post by: StativeSpencer - August 21st, 2015, 11:22:40 pm

[quote author=Yvetal123 link=topic=4443.msg23236#msg23236 date=1440213474]
AHA when the three men enter the house there was another man in the house before they entered. given the clue of that the 2 of the men say hi in meaning therefore talking to another person and the third person says "nothing". So the person that the three men talked to is the person that doesnt talk.
[/quote]
Yay you got it

Post by: Yvetal123 - August 21st, 2015, 11:34:37 pm

Mhmm dats ma intelligent mind going into critical thinking

Post by: Yvetal123 - August 21st, 2015, 11:56:42 pm

Now try this riddle(you may have heard this one)

100 dragons are on an island and they all have green eyes. If they ever find out that they have green eyes they turn into a sparrow at midnight and fly away. There is no source of reflection(even the water). The dragons can see that the others have green eyes and they cant talk to each other.
Then one day a man comes to the island and tells the dragons "At least one of you has green eyes" and the man leaves. Does anything change and why? And if any dragons disappear how many nights will it take?

Post by: UmbreonFang - August 22nd, 2015, 12:29:10 am

[quote author=Yvetal123 link=topic=4443.msg23240#msg23240 date=1440215802]
Now try this riddle(you may have heard this one)

100 dragons are on an island and they all have green eyes. If they ever find out that they have green eyes they turn into a sparrow at midnight and fly away. There is no source of reflection(even the water) and they cant talk to each other.
Then one day a man comes to the island and tells the dragons "At least one of you has green eyes" and the man leaves. Does anything change and why? And if any dragons disappear how many nights will it take?
[/quote]

nothing happens, since no one knows which one has the green eyes

Post by: Yvetal123 - August 22nd, 2015, 10:40:35 am

Dats wrong think about it and reread the riddle but you have the common answer

Post by: PaleoPath - October 7th, 2015, 7:11:15 pm

I will go ahead and assume that this refers to the de polichenelle where someone knows a secret but never speaks of it because he assumes that everyone else knows. Following this logic and some tricky mathematics you can tell that since 100 is an even number, all of the dragons would have found another and assumed the polichenelle. All dragons were identical, and cannot comprehend green as an adjective just whether it has "green" eyes or not. So in their minds they would each think if the I do not have green eyes then the other would know and assume that he has green eyes and fly away at midnight. If he does not fly away then I must have green eyes and I will fly away. When the man comes all the dragons are silent thinking the others know the truth about "his" green eyes and the man brings the information, they all turn into sparrows and fly away from their own ignorance. Kind of ironic. Anyway that is my try.

Powered by SiggiForum. Copyright © 2018 Siggi.io. Use of this website, and the CubeBuilders game server subject to Terms of Service.  View our Privacy Policy.  CubeBuilders is neither endorsed nor affiliated with Mojang Synergies AB.  "Minecraft" is a trademark of Mojang Synergies AB.  Cookies are stored in your browser by this website for the purposes of improving your experience.  By accessing this website, you consent to the placing of cookies on your system. For information on Cookies, see our Cookies page.