Need new underrated artists.

Need new underrated artists.
Post by: fmlnoah - November 16th, 2014, 7:43:52 pm

Hi, again! I need some new groups to try out, as my favorites are slowly becoming more inactive, or their quality of music has dropped. Who better to ask than other CubeBuilders? Im welcome to anything, but I really want something underrated, and no one had better say Darude, or I will summon my pet unicorn and get her to stab the offender. All genres are welcome, but EDM is preferable.

My choices: Captain Cuts and Anamanaguchi. First off, Captain Cuts. They make remixes that have electronic influences, but no one in their right mind is calling them big room or progressive house. I particularly like their remixes of Believer (American Authors) and I Wanna Go (Britney Spears). Theyre super great. Their remix of Manners (Icona Pop) isnt bad either. Their remix of Pumped Up Kicks is absolute terror to the ears, but if you listen to it at a soft volume you can hear the velvety contours even more. Im not such a fan of the Radioactive (Imagine Dragons) remix, and Ive listened to the Colours (Grouplove) remix too much for it to be even listenable any more.

Next, Anamanaguchi. They make electronic music that no one can even get close to calling mainstream. Think of them like slow Madeon with more chiptune influences. Their remix of Sad Machine by Porter Robinson (yaaas north carolina boys unite!) is good, adding many new melodies and chiptunes, but keeping the already great lead from the original soft in the background. The way they edit AVANAs (vocaloid) voice is amazing, just a few less bits and a little more syncopation.
Their best song (IMO) came out recently and was featured in a Target commercial. Its called Pop It! The vocalist is a secret, but there is no secret in her crisp, bold vocals. You can really hear the chiptune in this one, getting some of its sounds (I think...) from the NES. They use a classic DJ tactic before the chorus comes, dulling the sound and making is fade vaguely in the background, and then explodes into its infectious chorus. Its truly great.

So there. My choices. Nobody probably read that. Blah.

Ill be happy to open my mind to other types of music and other artists, and Im excited to see the responses!

-hyphoria.
xox

Re: Need new underrated artists.
Post by: CallMeGamzee - November 16th, 2014, 8:37:39 pm

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqicgFjSD8U

Post by: fmlnoah - November 18th, 2014, 7:58:14 pm

[quote author=jakeoman link=topic=1309.msg5042#msg5042 date=1416188259]
www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqicgFjSD8U
[/quote]

i warned you. she will be at your place of residence within a fortnight to skewer your hopes and dreams.

Post by: fmlnoah - November 18th, 2014, 7:59:11 pm

there i finally learned how to forum.
How to Forum: Lesson 1

Impulsively click things until you get it right.

Powered by SiggiForum. Copyright © 2018 Siggi.io. Use of this website, and the CubeBuilders game server subject to Terms of Service.  View our Privacy Policy.  CubeBuilders is neither endorsed nor affiliated with Mojang Synergies AB.  "Minecraft" is a trademark of Mojang Synergies AB.  Cookies are stored in your browser by this website for the purposes of improving your experience.  By accessing this website, you consent to the placing of cookies on your system. For information on Cookies, see our Cookies page.