A few new gamemode ideas.

Post by: MNM1O1 - October 15th, 2016, 9:08:09 am

So at this exact moment and time we have Personal Space, Mini-games, Factions, and Skyblocks. I just have a few more ideas for servers I wanted to say.

-=-=Casual Survival/Casual Skyblocks=-=-

The basic Idea of this one is it's pretty much the same engine as Skyblocks, alternate worlds for every individual, and you can invite whoever to your world/skyblock, the main difference is it's entirely casual, you grind your way to farm for money, diamonds, perfect armor, etc. What is the goal of this? Well what is Minecraft about? It is about building (you can debate about that all you want.), so essentially you'll gain all of that in order to build something great, if it was skyblocks this would have a certain charm to it but just survival works too, you could build a city, a statue, a pyramid, a memorial, whatever you want, but it will be seen as more impressive considering you did it in survival without W/E or the ability to fly. On top of this you could have stuff like PVP tournament, the tournament system could be very deverse or it could be simple, whatever floats your boat.

-=-=Revelations of the End=-=-

This one is kinda interesting, basicly it's similar to Factions but it's less competetive against others and more cooperative, reason for this is because of the harsh enviornment, ender corruption, Giants, fire rain, toxic rain, mini-bosses, etc. The basic story behind it is the End is corrupting the Overworld causing giant cracks in the earth, blocks becoming ender stone, etc. You have to survive as much as you can against these harsh conditions, it'd also be interesting to have some sort of end goal to this one, like finding all the books in randomly generated temples telling you some sort of backstory to this or prophecy, and afterwards you fight the Ender dragon and the world resets, the problems of this gamemode is lag, lots of coding, and rage. The world probably wouldn't reset too often though considering how hard it would be to even get to the end, is this my type of game? Pffft no! But it'd get people looking for a challenge very interested.

-=-=Mini game suggestions=-=-

1. REGULAR SPLEEF! PLEEAAAASE!
2. Mining expedition (basicly you start with the essential mining materials and you try to find as many precious materials as you can in 10 - 30 minutes, the precious materials add up to a certain amount of cash and whoever has most by the end wins, I guess it's more luck of the spawn then it is ACTUAL skill though, just a thought.)
3. King of the Hill (this explains itself but it's basicly whoever has been on the hill longest by the end of the time limit wins._

Which do you think of these ideas?

Post by: EmsMyEms - October 15th, 2016, 5:13:41 pm

This "Casual Skyblocks" idea is basically describing our current Skyblock server. The Survival part of it is similar to a server we had back in 2015. People were continuously raiding their friends. This thing with the seperate worlds would be better than the previous Survival server.

Post by: KROM666 - October 18th, 2016, 2:07:02 am

Would KOTH be in 1.8 or 1.10 pvp ?

Post by: MNM1O1 - October 26th, 2016, 3:17:12 am

[quote=KawaiiHawaii_]This "Casual Skyblocks" idea is basically describing our current Skyblock server. The Survival part of it is similar to a server we had back in 2015. People were continuously raiding their friends. This thing with the seperate worlds would be better than the previous Survival server. [/quote]

Well what I mean is stuff like cactus farms and nether wart farms could be broken again and such so life would be easier, and you'd also have keepinventory and nomobgriefing gamerules on, I haven't been on Skyblocks for a while though so maybe it is actually easier then I remember.

Powered by SiggiForum. Copyright © 2018 Siggi.io. Use of this website, and the CubeBuilders game server subject to Terms of Service.  View our Privacy Policy.  CubeBuilders is neither endorsed nor affiliated with Mojang Synergies AB.  "Minecraft" is a trademark of Mojang Synergies AB.  Cookies are stored in your browser by this website for the purposes of improving your experience.  By accessing this website, you consent to the placing of cookies on your system. For information on Cookies, see our Cookies page.