Should we bring back cubebuilders golden age?

Should we bring back cubebuilders golden age?
Post by: DaCoolCreeper - July 17th, 2018, 2:35:56 am

If there is any new players reading this, the “Golden Age” as people like to call it, is an age of about a few months after the server started to about a year later, when CubeBuilders was actually very populated, regularly seeing 150 players and 200 or more around certain times. It’s been awhile since then, and it’s in no doubt that it’s been steadily declining in playercount. Me, as 4 years played on this server, have personal memories of this, and it was quite fun.

But now, with the small community so tight, would it be right to suddenly explode the player count?

Pros

- more players means more donations, so Siggi could implement new mini games and servers (since a mini game itself is actually a server on a bungeecord running on a bungeecord, or in case of a new game server like Survival or Towny, a main server, both of which cost more money to keep up)

- more opportunities for people to become staff, as a lot of people are needed to staff a whole lot more of people

- more people to interact with, example being more people to create a faction with, or to do a role play in creative.

- having more people to become friends with, without leaving your (probably) favorite server

While all of these are good things, there is also some cons that you need to pay attention too.

Cons

- too many people is overwhelming, if lots of players join who have lots of friends, player count would explode

- not everyone would know each other, which has a certain nice feeling to it

- most of the players don’t hack regularly, so less chance of having been cheated out of something, like having a base x rayed or losing to a 1v1 in pvp (does definitely not sound like a person I know)

- faction worlds would probably have to become slightly bigger, causing more lag, not to mention more chunks loaded, putting more strain on the server, which would (I think) require more money, and if people don’t donate for whatever reasons, Siggi might have to remove other fun things

- majority of new players might disagree with plugins, putting pressure on staff to change them (like the lack of obsidian breaker on factions, which makes it a bit harder to raid bases, but there is no such thing as a unraidable base, even in vanilla)

Add all of these together, combined with public opinion, splits it out into about 50-50.
I’ve made this into a pole, and enough people agree and he diagreeing people don’t disagree too strongly, I have several plans to revive Cube.

The plans

#1 repost advertising links
Wether or not you get rewards of voting, it can still attract new players. Voting puts the server up in server lists, the higher the rank, the more people see it.

#2 Share it with friends you find
I personally have made a lot of friends on other servers and things while I was serving under like 6 or 7 perm bans (moving on, cause this isn’t a post to make fun of my phistory) and if I invite them all and convince them to play regurally, that can boost player count. Eventually, your friends willl go to their friends and invite them.

#3 YouTube video trailer/series
The last two would take time to have visible effects, while this one could increase player account in hours.
My plan was to make a YouTube channel and then get it to around 2k or 3k subscribers, and then make a video on Cube. Or a faction series. People like to be seen in the light of popularity, and if a YouTuber with enough subs could potetianlly raise the player count quite a lot very quickly.

if you have other plans or opinions in this matter, you should reply below after voting.

Powered by SiggiForum. Copyright © 2018 Siggi.io. Use of this website, and the CubeBuilders game server subject to Terms of Service.  View our Privacy Policy.  CubeBuilders is neither endorsed nor affiliated with Mojang Synergies AB.  "Minecraft" is a trademark of Mojang Synergies AB.  Cookies are stored in your browser by this website for the purposes of improving your experience.  By accessing this website, you consent to the placing of cookies on your system. For information on Cookies, see our Cookies page.