The Enforcer (sequil to The Red Dragon)

The Enforcer (sequil to The Red Dragon)
Post by: vvanqu1sh - April 2nd, 2015, 4:31:29 pm

A lot of you wanted a sequil to my story The Red Dragon. Here it is!

The Enforcer

Matthew was asleep on his bed in his family’s little cottage, which sat on a grassy plain in the eastern side of the village. Through the window, the first few streaks of the morning sunlight broke in. Soon, Matthew was awake. He went over to the door, only to see some dust floating around the grounds of the village. “It normally isn’t this hot and dry,” he murmured to himself. “Ehh, I’m sure the heat won’t be too much trouble.”

But this was Matthew’s mistake. He hadn’t noticed that the well that rested near his house had been stripped dry.

He went to get a drink of water, but the water came out in small portions. When he went to the bathroom to wash up, there was barely any water but Matthew was too lost in his thoughts to notice.

Just a few days ago, Matthew had rode his horse to the Haunted Mountain and slayed the dragon which nested there. This dragon’s name was the ‘Red Dragon’. After completing the difficult task, Matthew was rewarded with the most fame he could ever have wanted. He and his family were now known throughout the entire village, and they were one if the riches residents of the small town. Whenever Matthew stepped out into the cool morning air, all the boys and girls would run up to him and ask him to tell his story about how he had slain the Red Dragon. So, he would tell them about his adventure, and how closely he had escaped death, with the help of pure luck. After the children were done listening to his stories, they would go back to their yards and lawns, and would continue playing their games.

A few hours later, the residents of the village had been called together to meet at the center square to discuss an important matter. “I have called you all here to address that we have gotten complaints of our village’s taps failing to provide us with enough water. Does anyone have anything to say about this?” announced the chief. “Matthew raised his hand and spoke. “I have noticed this in my family’s cottage in the eastern side of our village. There was barely enough water the last time I used the tap, but I didn’t really see the issue at that time. I apologize for not addressing this problem earlier.” “Ah, yes. Many of our complaints have been addressed from the eastern side.” replied the chief.

So after the town was done discussing the issue, they had come to a conclusion. The village had decided that they would send someone to Mesa Lake, where all their water came from. Because of Matthew’s recent bravery in protecting the village from harm caused by the Red Dragon, they decided to send him to investigate. Matthew hopped aboard his muscular horse, and galloped away towards Mesa Lake.

When Matthew arrived, what he saw was incredible. There was a massive boulder blocking the pipes which transferred water from Mesa Lake towards the village. He inspected the area and discovered the boulder had been pushed there on purpose, because he saw footprints of boots, shoes, and moccasins. Then he heard a noise. “We ought to get more security down here, Jack!” said a bold voice which boomed across the area. Suddenly, Matthew leaped behind the massive boulder, out of harm’s way. “Nonsense, Harry. Who would think twice when what they saw was a boulder blocking the water flow from Mesa Lake? They would never realize that it was put there on purpose! Never!” another voice replied. Unlike the first man, this man’s voice was high pitched and raspy, like someone who had recently caught a cold or had a sore throat.

“So this is why the village was so dry…the water pipeline is blocked.” Matthew thought to himself.

Matthew decided to show himself, and finish this once and for all. “Hey, you! Yeah, you!” he yelled out. “What have you done!? Move that boulder this second!” One of the men stared in surprise. Where had this young man suddenly come from? But the two men quickly took action. One struck out towards Matthew with a massive fist, but Matthew quickly dodged out of the way. The other let out a powerful kick, but once again Matthew rolled away from harm. But this time, he played dead. When the two men anxiously walked towards the young man lying on the ground, Matthew leapt up, and kicked out with both legs, one to the right and one to the left. Dazed, both men awkwardly fell towards the ground and spoke. “Oh young man, why do you treat us like this? What have we done to you?” Matthew stood his ground, he knew the men could attack any second. “I should be asking you that. First of all, you attacked first. Second, you blocked the water pipe which leads to my village south of here.” The men stared in confusion but suddenly their eyes lit up and one of them spoke. “We have blocked your water pipeline to get revenge. A young man from your village killed our master, the Red Dragon, a few days ago. Tell me, could this young man possibly have been you?” “Why, of course. I have slain your master with pride and compassion, for he was to traumatize our residents with his inevitable sounds.” That was all. The men’s eyes lit up in hatred and they got up and fought Matthew once again. Matthew constantly dodged out of the way, landing a few punches and kicks every now and then.

Finally Matthew requested them to stop and told them this. “What shall I give you for you to remove the boulder from our pipeline?” The men raised their eyebrows. What could they request from this young man? Riches, gold, diamonds, jewelry? All their money and wealth? All of their personal belongings? After thinking for a long time, the men finally said, “There is only one way. You must prove your worthiness by battling our tribe’s strongest member; The Enforcer.” The name sounded frightening enough. But when Matthew saw the enforcer face to face, a chill made its way through his spine. This was no ordinary warrior. This was a man who radiated strength and power, and his appearance said that he was someone who was used to getting what he wanted. The might fighter looked as if he was in his mid 40’s, with black scruffy hair resting on tanned skin. When he spoke his voice boomed across the room, as if he was using a megaphone. “I am the enforcer. Do you dare to fight me?!” roared the giant. Matthew didn’t respond. “DO YOU DARE TO FIGHT ME?!” he yelled even louder. This caught Matthew’s attention and he quietly said “Yes. I agree to fight you, as long as you remove the boulder blocking our village’s pipeline if I win.” “Very well then.” replied the Enforcer.

So, the fight began. The two men were clearly not lying when they said the Enforcer was the most powerful man in the tribe. He was huge, with kicks and punches that could kill anyone in just one hit. Luckily, Matthew’s size compared to his opponent helped him out. After landing several punches, the Enforcer stopped to take a break. This was all the time Matthew would get. Instead of lashing out with his foot from his current angle (which the Enforcer would have expected), Matthew dived low and struck on with some mighty punches in the stomach. Taken by surprise, the Enforcer twisted around and let out a powerful punch, slicing through the air, for Matthew had once again dodged out of the way. His size was really helping Matthew out and the Enforcer was finding it harder and harder to grab a hold of Matthew. Finally, Matthew jumped up, lashed out with his foot and fell back down. A mighty blow to the chest had knocked the wind out of his opponent, and the Enforcer collapsed towards the ground.

The crowd stared in shock. No one had ever beaten the tribe’s strongest member – especially not a man just a little over 20 years old. “You have won the battle fair and square, challenger,” announced the Enforcer. “You shall get your prize. We will remove the boulder from your water pipeline and you shall get to take home a vast amount of riches. And he wasn’t lying. Not only had the boulder been quickly removed by the men of the tribe, Matthew got to take home even more riches then last time. Back at home, the water started flowing much faster and the villagers knew that Matthew had succeeded. They cheered and clapped in joy. When Matthew arrived home once again, the riches were evenly distributed to the town and everyone cheered for Matthew. They were glad to have such a brave hero in their town, to protect one and all from danger. Once Matthew had told his story, the village continued with what they did every day and they continued living their lives, like any other day. Everyone was at peace and they all lived happily ever after.

Click Here
[url=http://cubebuilders.net/index.php?topic=2313.msg9966#msg9966]Part 1 <---[/url]

Re: The Enforcer (sequil to The Red Dragon)
Post by: slimestein - April 2nd, 2015, 4:45:59 pm

First of all you are a remarkably good writer!
Second: In the next chapther (that you have to make) please include stuff that he sees on his journey to the place he is going, this way the story gets longer and more exiting.
third it was worth reading every word of it:)

Post by: vvanqu1sh - April 2nd, 2015, 4:49:02 pm

[quote author=slimestein link=topic=2459.msg10797#msg10797 date=1428007559]
First of all you are a remarkably good writer!
Second: In the next chapther (that you have to make) please include stuff that he sees on his journey to the place he is going, this way the story gets longer and more exiting.
third it was worth reading every word of it:)
[/quote]First, thanks for the compliment

Second, thanks for the suggestion

Third, thanks for another compliment!

xD

Post by: KermitsBigToe - April 2nd, 2015, 5:09:23 pm

This is a really amazing story DRG!

When I read the line about the Boulder blocking the pipes I was expecting him to just move the Boulder, go back to the village and be a hero but things are never as simple as that so well done on a unexpected twist at that part!

I also liked how you paragraphed ( no paragraphs are a small pet hate of mine )
it because when I see things with a lot of words and no paragraphs I would probably get tired half way through ( I must sound really lazy right now... Oh well haha )

I cannot wait for future stories of yours if you make any more, Congratulations on finding your talent of writing haha ^_^

Post by: vvanqu1sh - April 2nd, 2015, 5:26:07 pm

[quote author=SovietPickle link=topic=2459.msg10803#msg10803 date=1428008963]
This is a really amazing story DRG!

When I read the line about the Boulder blocking the pipes I was expecting him to just move the Boulder, go back to the village and be a hero but things are never as simple as that so well done on a unexpected twist at that part!

I also liked how you paragraphed ( no paragraphs are a small pet hate of mine )
it because when I see things with a lot of words and no paragraphs I would probably get tired half way through ( I must sound really lazy right now... Oh well haha )

I cannot wait for future stories of yours if you make any more, Congratulations on finding your talent of writing haha ^_^
[/quote]Thanks Soviet! I didnt add paragraphs last time cause when you copy and paste from word or e-mail it doesnt copy the writing with the paragraph. But this time I took the time to format it all. :D

Post by: slimestein - April 2nd, 2015, 5:30:44 pm

By the way if it would be a book i would rate it around 7/10
(thats really good)

Post by: OrzaRound - April 3rd, 2015, 8:44:27 am

BTW, I need a link to the 1st part. Also, is the Matthew based on me or someone else?

Post by: dtown2002 - April 3rd, 2015, 9:19:45 am

This is a great story!!! I LOVED IT!!!!!!! Is there going to be another part???!!!

Post by: vvanqu1sh - April 3rd, 2015, 10:24:45 am

[quote author=Matthewcraft8 link=topic=2459.msg10910#msg10910 date=1428065067]
BTW, I need a link to the 1st part. Also, is the Matthew based on me or someone else?
[/quote]I thought of a random name for a male which would sound good in the series.

The Red Dragon:

http://cubebuilders.net/index.php/topic,2313.0.html

Post by: vvanqu1sh - April 3rd, 2015, 10:25:46 am

[quote author=dtown2002 link=topic=2459.msg10917#msg10917 date=1428067185]
This is a great story!!! I LOVED IT!!!!!!! Is there going to be another part???!!!
[/quote]Thanks dtown.

And good news! Yes, there will be another part! :)

UPDATE: nevermind that, sadly Im to busy in schoolwork and other stuff now for more stories to share with the community, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Powered by SiggiForum. Copyright © 2018 Siggi.io. Use of this website, and the CubeBuilders game server subject to Terms of Service.  View our Privacy Policy.  CubeBuilders is neither endorsed nor affiliated with Mojang Synergies AB.  "Minecraft" is a trademark of Mojang Synergies AB.  Cookies are stored in your browser by this website for the purposes of improving your experience.  By accessing this website, you consent to the placing of cookies on your system. For information on Cookies, see our Cookies page.