Guide to making a good factions base

Post by: oneofakid - April 3rd, 2015, 6:35:39 pm

Created by oneofakid

Sometimes it can be really hard to make an unraidable faction. This guide tells you exactly how to make a well-hidden and nearly impossible-to-raid faction base.

~Tips for finding a good location:

There are a few choices when it comes to choosing where to start looking for a good place. You can head to the portal center (/warp portals) which is found at /spawn. The portals take you to 4 different biomes: Desert, Ice Plains, Jungle, and Mesa. Of course, you can also start hunting for a spot by going across the edge of /spawn.
-REMEMBER: A well hidden base is far away from other bases. You want to find an area that has no other factions nearby. If you want to make sure of this, do /f map and it will show all factions in your surroundings. Also lookout for player-built structures. Some people make bases without claiming them, so look for any man-made structures, such as blocks of cobblestone, dirt where it shouldnt be, or any block or entity that doesnt belong in the area.
Once you have found a perfect location, then go ahead and claim it for your faction by doing /f claim.

~Tips for making your base unraidable.

Some of the most unraidable factions are underground. Any base below the coordinate Y:20 is guaranteed safe. You can make an underground base by digging below a source of water (lake, river, etc.), or mining from a ravine or cave. Remember that once you have started digging out your base, plug the gap! (In other words, if you are digging from a river, fill the hole you started mining in, or if youre mining from a ravine or cave, plug in your starting hole with a blend-in block, such as stone, dirt, or gravel.) Some other good bases are sky bases! To make a sky base, start by making a tower of dirt or cobblestone or some other worthless block. Once you are at a decent height, start building the floor of your base. Claim some land up on your floor and set your faction home there by doing /f sethome.
-Remove evidence: Once you have set the home there, start getting rid of the tower you used to get up. Dig up the tower by digging straight down. Once you have removed all evidence of your tower, you can do /f home to teleport straight back up to your sky base.
-TNT Protection: Protecting your base from TNT is a big necessity if you want your base to not get raided. If your base is above ground, you can claim a bit of land outside of your base so TNT cannons would be worthless. That way, raiders can not have an effective TNT cannon; the TNT would hit outside of your actual base and only blow up a bit. If you are more rich, you can also make obsidian walls that surround your base.
-Stay strong: If you dont want raiders overclaiming your faction and placing TNT, then you need to obtain power. Your power is determined by your deaths. (You can check yours or another faction members power by doing /f pow or /f pow <username>.) If you die, you lose power. You will want to keep a +10/10 power. If you and your faction members start losing power, raiders will gain access to the command /f claim and be able to overclaim. Luckily, the more faction members you have, the less chance for you to lose power and therefore be raided. You earn power at a pace of +1 power every 5 minutes. Donators can get faction power more quickly. You also need power to claim sometimes. If you have reached the maximum power for the faction altogether, you will be unable to claim more land. You can raise your maximum power by recruiting more faction members.

~Be careful

Be careful who you let in your faction! Tend to let people in who you trust. You can post a forum topic on the "Factions Recruitment" board so people can reply to that topic and ask to join your faction. Also only let people in who you know about, such as what factions theyve been in, their age, their name, etc. You can ask for info like that on your post, too.
-Dont let enemies in: Odds are, if you let an old enemy in your faction, they may blow it up, because theyd have the privileges. Also be careful who you let become a moderator. Faction moderators can build anywhere in your faction, and have access to bigger faction commands, while normal faction members have the normal commands and can only build in limited areas.

Well that wraps up this guide! If you think I have forgotten something important, let me know!

Re: Guide to making a good factions base
Post by: vvanqu1sh - April 3rd, 2015, 6:43:47 pm

Incredible guide oneofakid! Im sure this will help get players who are new to the factions server get started! :D

Post by: KermitsBigToe - April 3rd, 2015, 7:39:03 pm

Thank you for the guide One! Although I am not new to Cubebuilders I currently only play Skyblocks or Creative right now.

Although when Im back at my PC Ill keep in mind of this guide and go to factions to make a strong base which will be as far from as much people as I can.

Ill probably just end up putting loads of traps in my base anyway aha :)

Post by: Asheiou - April 8th, 2015, 6:48:19 am

Well done, but I agree with BigBoss.

Post by: dtown2002 - April 8th, 2015, 9:50:34 am

You cant put gravel over a hole!! you will suffocate!!!

Post by: Derpehh - April 8th, 2015, 4:33:20 pm

Well, now ppl also know where to raid, and how to raid. Well thought out, but did you think about the raiding tactics you could use if you reversed this? So, "Bases under Y:20 are guaranteed safe." Well, oneofakid, not anymore, my friend. Not anymore.

Post by: oneofakid - April 8th, 2015, 4:41:55 pm

Yes I realized that while writing this, but if someone really wanted to know how to raid, they could reverse this. Yes, this could help raiders raid, but it still at least lets people know how to make a good base.

Post by: MasterTiger101 - April 10th, 2015, 2:01:50 pm

Another tip: look at your base from an outsiders view (in a way, raid your own base ;))

Powered by SiggiForum. Copyright © 2018 Siggi.io. Use of this website, and the CubeBuilders game server subject to Terms of Service.  View our Privacy Policy.  CubeBuilders is neither endorsed nor affiliated with Mojang Synergies AB.  "Minecraft" is a trademark of Mojang Synergies AB.  Cookies are stored in your browser by this website for the purposes of improving your experience.  By accessing this website, you consent to the placing of cookies on your system. For information on Cookies, see our Cookies page.