Security Certificate Problems

Security Certificate Problems
Post by: patman96 - June 15th, 2015, 10:50:21 pm

I dont know if anyone else is having this problem but when I try to go to mctopservers.com, it tells me that there are security problems. Before, it was doing that for cubebuilders.net but now its not. I just thought Id bring that up just to see if anyone else is having this issue.

Re: Security Certificate Problems
Post by: oneofakid - June 16th, 2015, 9:30:25 am

Im having the same issue but I know whats actually going on.

Basically, every website has a thing called a certificate, which helps your web browser know who is running the website and helps it determine if its safe or not. However, to make sure the site stays safe, certificates expire periodically, and the site owner would need to renew it. Yesterday at 7:59 PM the certificate expired for MCTopServers.com (the website that allows you to login to cubebuilders.net; it is also owned by Siggi) so your browser thinks that the website is unsafe. Its ok though, just because it expired doesnt mean it isnt safe, your browser just thinks that because when a certificate expires, it cant verify the identity, and for example may not know what website you are REALLY going to. Luckily in this case it just means Siggi needs to renew it.
Thanks for asking.

Re: Security Certificate Problems
Post by: patman96 - June 16th, 2015, 10:00:50 am

Yea I had a feeling. I know the same thing happened with minestatus.net at one point every time I clicked on the link to vote for CubeBuilders. Thanks for clarifying.

Powered by SiggiForum. Copyright © 2018 Siggi.io. Use of this website, and the CubeBuilders game server subject to Terms of Service.  View our Privacy Policy.  CubeBuilders is neither endorsed nor affiliated with Mojang Synergies AB.  "Minecraft" is a trademark of Mojang Synergies AB.  Cookies are stored in your browser by this website for the purposes of improving your experience.  By accessing this website, you consent to the placing of cookies on your system. For information on Cookies, see our Cookies page.