Factions Reset, 1.8 PvP, MinigameKit

Post by: SiggiJG - June 10th, 2016, 7:28:14 am

Factions is going to be reset on July 1st! And we're bringing back a classic CubeBuilders spawn for those who are thirsty for some nostalgia!

In addition, we're also adding 1.8-style PvP to Factions as part of the reset, and classic pre-1.9 god apples. (We're testing it out in Minigames FFA PvP, you can go try it out there!) There will also be no more chorus fruits in Factions, since it kind of ruined Factions a lot.

In other news, I'm developing a new minigame system called MinigameKit. MinigameKit will bring a better minigame experience, much like on a game console. You'll be able to host and join parties with your friends, so you'll stick together automatically instead of having to manually follow them around. It'll also allow you to customize settings for each minigame session, so for example you can choose how many points is needed to win Quake (or even no limit, so it just goes on until the host decides to end the game), or if TNT is enabled in Splurge.

MinigameKit also allows any developer to create minigames for MinigameKit or make existing minigames compatible with MinigameKit. You can see a preview of the MinigameKit API at the MinigameKit page. I also plan to release MinigameKit for other servers to use at some point in the future, but for now it's going to be a CubeBuilders-only thing.

P.S. I used to have a 5-star karma rating - whoever Karma--'d me, you're in for some trouble! Always Karma++ me, or else!

Post by: DaCoolCreeper - June 10th, 2016, 4:13:57 pm

P.S. I used to have a 5-star karma rating - whoever Karma--'d me, you're in for some trouble! Always Karma++ me, or else!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 10/06/2016 11:31:58

.... what?

Post by: OrzaRound - June 11th, 2016, 3:27:33 pm

[quote=Siggi88]Factions is going to be reset on July 1st! And we're bringing back a classic CubeBuilders spawn for those who are thirsty for some nostalgia!

[/quote]
Okay, which spawn are you talking about? And also, is it possible for the reset date to change? I know I haven't been on in a "while" but when was the last reset date?

Post by: DaCoolCreeper - June 11th, 2016, 5:41:30 pm

The last reset date was last Christmas

Re:Factions Reset, 1.8 PvP, MinigameKit
Post by: DaCoolCreeper - June 20th, 2016, 11:45:21 pm

I want to make a spawn for it! i have just the right idea..

Post by: OrzaRound - July 2nd, 2016, 10:05:17 pm

Hey, how do you get MinigameKit

Re:Factions Reset, 1.8 PvP, MinigameKit
Post by: DaCoolCreeper - July 3rd, 2016, 5:24:30 am

you post ur plugins on it.

well, you register for a plugin devopler there,
a little like the staff registration i think
and then you send ur ideas to siggi
well thats how it worked
in the older website with plugins,
but idk now

Powered by SiggiForum. Copyright © 2018 Siggi.io. Use of this website, and the CubeBuilders game server subject to Terms of Service.  View our Privacy Policy.  CubeBuilders is neither endorsed nor affiliated with Mojang Synergies AB.  "Minecraft" is a trademark of Mojang Synergies AB.  Cookies are stored in your browser by this website for the purposes of improving your experience.  By accessing this website, you consent to the placing of cookies on your system. For information on Cookies, see our Cookies page.